28 Epilogue

A year has gone by.

I cannot believe our baby boy is one now. It's definitely a day of fun Jane. Who would of thought our son would be our ring bearer today on his birthday. He already is talking . I recall my Nani saying I spoke around age one too. I know we miss her, my parents, Joey's wife Izzy, and Kiki and Gloria as well as Paddy.  We were just lucky that you got sick with the flu Ryan. We decided not to go on the family vacation that killed our loved ones .

Sis you ready? Yes Frankie. Maura you ready? Yes Tommy. Our nephew looks so handsome in his tuxedo.  Ladies it's your cue.

Olivia and Katelyn were singing as we walked down the aisle with my brothers.

Antonio was thrilled he was the one who was going to marry us.

Good evening everyone. I am blessed to be marrying my cousins and have my little cousin be the ring bearer. Who would of thought my little cousin would insist his parents to be married on his first birthday. Antonio get to the I dogs. I want us to be a family.  Ryan your mother and I are a family. I know mom it's just it will be official as a married husband and wife.

Everyone started giggling at the outdoor wedding in the park.

Antonio did a awesome job with our ceremony.  Our family each had a part in it.  Joey and Olivia were bridesmaids. Gretchen was my wife's mother of the bride. Our aunt Camile and uncle Hector read some of the verses from the Bible before we said our I DO'S.  We picked our son Ryan up after we kissed. The fire works went off and we all danced under the stars with one another and our friends. I graduated from the police academy. I was a police officer with the Boston Police Department. Maura was starting her residency at Bolton General Hospital. She graduated early and Esmi as well as  the rest of us were proud of her graduating early. Antonio was a police officer too in Chicago.  Joey was paramedic in Chicago. Our aunt and uncle were divorced but still were there for us all.

Ryan blow out the candle on our wedding cake so we can cut it. Dad pick please pick me up.

Jane picked him up and we told him to make a wish. He told us his wishes already came true. We were married. I was a police officer.  MAURA was a doctor.  He had Gretchen as a nanny who was like a Nani to him. My wife told him she always felt the same way.
Maura and I weren't nice when we fed one another the cake. Ryan laughed and told us this is how he dreamed about our wedding day to be.

The End

Please continue to read my stories. I enjoy writing them as this give me time to enjoy being retired. I still watch reruns of Rizzoli and Isles. I am glad the writers strike is over with so new episodes will be written and aired eventually of Chicago Fire, Chicago PD and Station 19. I still watch General Hospital not as consistent. I enjoy watching the reruns of covert affairs. Everyone please continue to be safe.

October 10, 2023

Loss is a new story.  Hope you are enjoying my stories. I appreciate every person who reads them.