Chapter Four

Snowstar looked down at Feather, who was sitting in the middle of the room, reading.

"Thanks, Feather!" Snowstar called down.

Marina raced up. "Snowstar? Have you been up there this entire time?"

Snowstar nodded.

"Yeah. Have you been looking for me?"

She felt a pang of guilt.

Marina nodded.

"Are you reading?" She asked.

Snowstar nodded, looking at her friend.

"I'm reading a scroll Feather gave me: Rong."

"Nice. I'm going to go find some art scrolls!"

Snowstar turned away from her friend, continuing to read.

ICEWINGS:

IceWings are a more well known tribe then NightWings.

They are often prickly, and tend to keep to themselves instead of talking to other tribes. Most IceWings are stuck-up, and some still remember the Night-Ice war that happened a few years ago.

They usually act regal, and some say they radiate a feeling of menace and power.

Snowstar flipped the scroll over.

That's it?

"Snowstar!" Someone called.

Starflight called again, "Snowstar!"

Snowstar drifted down from the overhang, dropping Rong in front of Feather. She landed in between her two friends, wondering if she could somehow ask for Starflight to modify Rong to have more information about IceWings. As Snowstar walked out of the room, she felt like there were eyes watching her.

Snowstar was lying in her bed, wondering about what life would be like at Jade Mountain Academy.

Do they allow a dragonet to go see her family again?

She heard dragons chattering, staying awake even at this hour. Snowstar considered flying to go find her parents.

It had only taken about five hours to fly to Jade Mountain, perhaps Snowstar could fly there, spend an hour, and then fly back.

No....

Mother and Father would probably yell, and then send me back to Jade Mountain.

I don't want to get yelled at.

Birds chirped in the background of the night, and Snowstar tried to smell the salt in the air, but failed. She tried to see water instead of mountains.

Every wrong turn could change your life forever, Moon had said.

Am I really ready for this?

Snowstar looked at her talons, glinting silver and dark gray in the moonlight.

Yes, I am.

360 words!