𝟮𝟱. hope ur ok

CHAPTER TWENTY-FIVE, HOPE UR OK — JULY 2022 —

— JULY 2022 —

DIDIN'T KNOW YOU HAD GUEST OVER.

"DON'T KNOW IF ILL see you again someday, but if your out there," Maddison sung along, "I hope that you're okay. she said playing the last few notes of the song.

"That's it. That's where i'm stuck." She told Marcus. Apparently Marcus had been writing song since they had broken up.

"Well, it sound pretty good. maybe during that pause you could hum, so it's not so silent." he said as the girl nodded.

"I'm not sure about the lyrics, but I can help you with the music." he said sitting down my her piano. "How about..." he said starting off where Madi had finished off.

Madi hummed along as the words slowly came to her, "My middle school grew up alone, she raised her brothers on her own, her parents hated who she loved."

"Hmm, She couldn't wait to go to college, she was tired 'cause she was brought into a world where family was merely blood..." she sung as he finished playing.

"That was..." he said as stood up.

"Bad? Horrible? Off-tune?" she said with worry. "Stop." He said placing his hands on her shoulders, "That was great. You need to stop doubting yourself mads."

"I can't! I mean- I can't even write a song on my own! Gracie and Olivia are amazing! The basically wrote the whole song-"

"Madison,"he said calmly."You're doing amazing. Your just overthinking it."

    Madi sighed loudly, "Do you wanna try again?" he asked the girl as she nodded in response.

    "Okay," he said with a soft smile.

•  •  •

    "OKAY, THAT WAS GREAT." he said as he finished playing the song, "What are you so stressed about again?"

    "Oh, I don't know, maybe the fact that i only have two song and i'm gonna be having a lot of less time to write these song because i start filming soon."

     "Right."

    "Anyways, thank you. For helping me." she with a smile. "No problem." He nodding, "Well uhm, I have to go. I have to pick up my sister from volleyball practice."

    "Oh! Tell missy i said hi." she said as the boy nodded. "I will."

    "Come on, i'll walk you out." she said as the boy followed behind her.

     As two walked down the stairs they heard the doorbell ring, "You expecting someone?"

     "No..." she said as she got on her tippy toes trough the peep-whole, "Oh fuck." she mumbled to her self, "What? What's wrong?"

    "Nothing, nothing. Uhm i'll see you soon." she as she opened the door to see Jenna. "Hey..."

    "Uhm hi, didn't know you had a guest over."

"He was just about to leave. He was helping me with a song." Madi said.

The three stood there in an awkward silence, the tension thickening. "Uhm, I have to go." Marcus said breaking the silence.

"Oh, right. Uhm, bye.." she said as the boy waved awkwardly and walked out.

"Uhm, why are you here?" Madi asked, moving aside so Jenna could walk in. "My sweater. I think I left it here. But you can just give it to me when-"

"No, No! You can get it right now."

"You sure?"

"Yeah, yeah, of course." Madi said as Jenna walked in. "What was Marcus doing here?" she said dully.

"Like i said, he was helping me with a song."

"Right, right, right." she said dryly, "That it? That was the only reason he was here?"

"Yes, me and Marcus are just friends. I promise." she said making Jenna feel relieved. "Oh okay."

The stops there in silence not knowing what to say, "Uhm, i'll see on Monday?" jenna told the younger girl who nodded.

"Okay, see ya."

•  •  •

words 627

i hate this chapter