Chapter 2.5: Serious Talk

Y/N was writing things down in a notebook while typing on a computer when a knock comes from the door. He saves what he's done on the computer. He opens the door to see Ann wearing more causal wear with a smile.

Ann:"May I come in?"

Y/N:"Of course."

She enters the room and looks around.

Ann:"Seems you haven't used much in here."

Y/N:"Haven't had a chance. Been busy so far."

Ann:"Yeah. Which is why I'm here. I'm sure you have plenty of questions."

Y/N:"I do... What the hell are they doing here?"

Ann:"Creating the soldiers of the future didn't you know?"

Y/N:"Yeah, sure, and I'm the Pope."

The two sit down across from each other. Ann uncrosses her legs and leans forward.

Ann:"I'm sure Tenyruu and the others already explained about the enhancements, and what each year usually does."

Y/N:"To an extent."

Ann:"Let me explain then. Before any of the girls get the enhancements we go through a list of candidates which means only a few are truly picked. Granted this is from around the world, so that small group is rather big."

Y/N:"How are they picked?"

Ann:"They're are many factors, but the main one is their willpower."

Y/N:"Willpower? For what, controlling their powers?"

Ann:*nods* "To summon and unsummon their gear takes willpower, to use their gear takes willpower, to control ever aspect requires a willpower. If they can't handle it they could die or go rogue. So once we pick'em we train them to withstand the process at the ripe age of fourteen."

Y/N:"So three years of training to just go to military school to train their new powers. Yet it sounds like they've been preparing more for a threat than creating a new future."

Ann:"...They have."

Y/N:"So they knew? They knew and used young girls as a preparation!?"

Ann:"Of course not! They have other precautions but you know we need this!"

Y/N stands up in outrage.

Y/N:"Do we!? These girls have no idea what they are facing. Sure, you have simulations, but that's different than real life. These girls will be slaughtered if not given the right training."

Ann:"Yeah, well, the higher ups don't agree... Trust me when I said you and I aren't the only ones who disagree with this. But what should we do? We can't send them at the enemy now. They're too unprepared!"

Y/N:"Which is why I'm here. Dammit, Ann, we both know that even I can do so much."

Ann stands up rubs his arm.

Ann:"I know, I know... But, you're all we got. Anyone else with as much experience you have are either dead, have terrible PTSD, or too injuried to help. You are the girls only saving grace to improve their odds of living."

She finally hugs his back and listens to his heartbeat. She rubs his chest and tries to calm him.

Ann:"Don't have your hate for the goverments override your protective nature."

Y/N:*graps her hand* "I'm not. I'm doing what I can for them with what I know and do. But if they start pushing for negative changes let me know. I'll shut them down real quick."

The two stayed silent after that. Enjoying each other's company and warmth. Then things took a turn when Y/N decided to sit down and she straddled him.

Y/N:"Ann?"

Ann:"Let's just say I'm doing something way past due."

She pushes him back and indulged herself with a sloppy kiss. Y/N decided to go along and grabbed her ass to get easy access as she moaned. After a minute the two seperate with a string of saliva panting.

Y/N:"Sorry. But, it was long over due."

Ann:"No complaints from me. Just make sure to give it a smack next time."

She hides her face in his neck and smiles. Y/N pats her back and gives her another kiss but on the cheek.

Y/N:"So we're renegades now, huh?"

Ann:"I won't tell if you don't."

Y/N:"Trust me, I've been interrogated enough to make people scream yet I didn't break."

Ann:"Please don't say that again. I don't want that image."