#2 I Could Be Enough

Description: Barty doesn't think he'll ever be enough for anybody but Evan feels different.

Evan sat leaning against the bed as Barty rambled on about a guy he had been crushing on, Evan didn't understand what Barty saw in the guy but Barty was his best friend so he thought it was mandatory to sit through and listen.

Barty came closer to Evan and buried his head into the middle of Evan's chest as Evan rubbed circles on his back.

"Why doesn't he like me? Will I ever just be enough for somebody"

"He's missing out" Evan said out loud in a confident voice but as he spoke a tear slowly left his eye, I could be enough he whispered to himself.

Barty smiled at Evan and flopped back on the floor, "why can't they all be like you Evan?" Barty rubbed his eyes and stretched out, clearly ready to fall asleep, "I would've been enough for you".

Barty slowly fell asleep, sprawled out on the floor, Evan looked at him pitifully and got up. He picked Barty off the ground and placed him in his bed, chucking one of the light blankets over him and leaning against the bed frame,

"You've always been enough, to me" he took out his lighter and left the dorm, letting Barty sleep. As he stepped out he saw Regulus and Pandora talking on the couch, he walked over and sat with them in silence as they stared at him in confusion.

"Hey Rose! We were just talking about you" Pandora smiled at Evan happily, Evan would never have allowed anyone to call him 'Rose' but it was Pandora and she was like a little sister to him. Pandora had thought of the nickname after finding out Evan's last name was Rosier.

Regulus was blowing on his tea and lifted his head up at Evan, "we were thinking of heading to the Three Broomsticks tonight, Sirius is playing and has insisted I come"

Evan stayed silent but nodded, leaning back against the cushions with his head tilted back, showing the tattoos he had on his neck.

"That is, unless you have other plans?" Pandora gestured the dorm door.

"I don't have any plans. If there's good music and something to drink I'll be there" Evan continued to fiddle with his lighter.

"What about Barty?" Pandora asked

"If Evan goes, he'll be there" Regulus smiled at Evan but Evan just stared at him unimpressed, "I was just trying to be funny" Regulus rolled his eyes.

"Don't, it doesn't suit you"

"Why are you so worked up? I don't like when you act like this" Pandora crossed her arms and Evan's features softened.

"I'm sorry Panda...and Reg, I'm just tired from quidditch"

Regulus took one look at Evan and slowly turned his head to Pandora, "hey Panda can you go get my lighter for me, Barty will let you in" Regulus smiled innocently.

Pandora got up, "you're lucky I like you Black I'm not your slave" she gave Regulus a grumpy look but her expression changed when she saw a slight grin come from him and realized what Regulus was doing.

"Love you Panda"

"Uh huh" she smiled and left for the dorm.

Regulus stared at Evan, Evan looked up at him confused and looked away as Regulus raised an eyebrow at him.

"Your death stares aren't threatening to me Black"

Regulus tilted his head and continued to scan Evan's facial expressions. He looked Evan up and down then sat back in the chair, his toned frame perfectly placed between the chair's arms.