Chapter 5 *cat eating popcorn emoji*

The cafe was located near the school which was just a few blocks away.

The ambience inside the cafe was warm and cozy, just like a lodge. There were quite a few people inside although it's already past 3. The girls ordered at the counter and then seated at one of the tables. They ordered one quarter of the waffles each with drinks as well.

Soon the waffles and drinks arrived.

"Oh my gosh, the waffles looked so cute!"

The buttermilk waffles here were served with a scoop of vanilla ice cream and chocolate drizzle on top in the shape of a heart. They arranged all the waffles and drinks, and snapped a few photos in different angles and lighting. These were then shared in their group chat to feast their eyes on.

"It tasted so good~" They took a bite of the waffles. The buttermilk waffles were fluffy and dense, with a hint of fresh buttermilk scent. They ate and chatted happily amongst each other.

"May I have a bite too?"

Rosie heard a familiar voice. She lifted her head and froze.

A guy with a familiar handsome face was smiling at her.

<Clank!> There were sounds of silverware falling on the table.

"Hello honorable Mica!" Jessica suddenly stood up. Everybody in the cafe turned to look at them, wondering what's the commotion.

There was a reason why Jessica acted that way, she looked up to Mica who had high academic achievements and was his school's honorable student. He was sent by his school to attend all sorts of academic competitions and won a lot of awards. Hence, why she always addressed him as honorable Mica.

As a hardworking student that set her goal on getting good grades she greatly admired him and sees him as her role model.

"Hi Jessica, call me Mica will do."

"H-hi Mica" Bethany was shocked by his sudden appearance.

"Hi there Bethany."

"What brings you here honorable Mica? I-I mean Mica?" Jessica looked at the empty seat next to Rosie and made a gesture. "Here take a seat sir, I-I mean Mica."

"Sure."

Mica sat down beside Rosie. For a while they stared at each other, and Bethany glanced at Rosie.

"I thought you would be studying in the library for the test Rosie."

"Test?" Bethany, confused, looked at Rosie.

"..." Rosie was winking one of her eyes at her, signaling.

"There was no test sir, I-I mean Mica." Said Jessica.

"So... it's about the waffles?" He smiled, looking at Rosie's half eaten waffles, he said, "They sure looked scrumptious." Then, he stared straight at her eyes, "am I right, Rosie?"

"Yes they were a treat! Ouch-"

Bethany gave Jessica the elbow. Can't you read the mood?

"Does it taste good?" Mica looked at Rosie.

"...y-yeah" Rosie gulped, "would you like to have a bite?" She carefully probed a question.

"I would love to," he smiled at her, but his hands were not moving. Rosie immediately got the hint. So she cut out a piece of the waffle, pushed the fork into it, and brought it close to his mouth.

Mica turned away and stood up. "Please excuse me." He said to the other two girls and walked towards the counter.

Rosie froze with her fork in midair.

"Rosie! What did you do?" Bethany looked at her worried.

The cafe's doorbell rang as the door was pushed open. A tall guy wearing a hoodie and a mask walked in the cafe.

End of Chapter 5