The racetracks

(Tommy's P.O.V.)
I walked alongside Killian over the streets of Camden Town. He dictated our walking pace and never gave me an opportunity to pass him. Almost like there is a pecking order between us. I was on his turf and therefor he sure as hell showed me my place by never letting me pass him. I was also impressed how easily he strode over the streets of Camden Town as a blind person. He easily avoided every structure on his path. Even the people on the street moved out of the way. And it sure as hell wasn't because of me, cause almost all of them greeted him. It was the same power that I had back home in Small Heath Birmingham. Correction, Killian had more power. People often called me the Prince of Birmingham. But Killian, he was respected like a King. I think that even his older brother didn't match the respect that Killian recieved. The three of us all have power, but Killy came ontop of it all, if you asked these people. But if you ask me, Alfie held the boy on a leash to keep him away from being to powerfull. I watched as he weaved over the path, avoiding the loose and raised tiles. But he wasn't accurate with everything. I realized he was walking straight to a crate that stood to the right of the sidewalk. Before I could warn him abiut the crate. His right knee slammed against the edge of the crate and he growled something in a language I did not understand. A person came running put of the shop, it looked like to be the shop owner. He immediatly noticed that it was Killian and immediatly began to apologize for not moving it right away. I realized that Killian knew ever obstacle on the street, every raised and loose tile of the sidewalk. But whenever something new appeared, he of course wouldn't notice it. I guess normally the people never left anything on the streets out of respect for Killian. The blind brother ignored the man and just continued to walk further so I too continued. I sped up slightly to walk next to him. I could see his head tilt slightly, hearing that I was now beside him. "Wouldn't a cane help you detect obstacles in your path?" I dared to question the young man. "Alfie gifted me one some years ago. But it didn't last 5 minutes" he responded simply. "How come?" I questioned, wanting to know more about why he doesn't use the signature cane that visual impaired people use. "I snapped it in half as soon as I had gotten it in my hands" he replied simply. "What about a dog?". He laughed at me. "Highly unlikely. I tend to teach them unusual commands, which according to my brother are not acceptable". I was slightly confused. "Since when are shake and lay down not acceptable commands?". I saw a smirk tug at his lips. "Those are. But the command to kill someone on sight isn't well recieved amongst most" he explained, "but if you ask me, that command is rather usefull in our line of work". Killian continued to make his way to the Camden race track. That's where he wanted to have our conversation I imagined. We find a spot and sit down. I watched him pull his coat back and pull out a piece of paper before handing it to me. I take it and look down. It read the list of horses and riders of the races. "Didn't know you liked horses" I told him. He simply shrugged and spoke up jokingly "I don't. I just like the money". "Now tell me the names" he told me, waving a hand at me. I chuckled and listed off the names of the horses and riders. Untill he stopped me from continuing "Spion Kop, that's your winner, right there". I decided to take his advise and lay a bet on the horse he claimed to be the winner. While we waited Killian finally decided to awknowledge the actuall reason for us to be here. "So, you said you might have a proposition for me?" He began as he stared ahead of him, "that's right" I said and grabbed a pack of cigarettes. "Well if you're looking to set up a gravy train, you found the wrong person. I don't need financing, I already make my own money". It was a harsh comment, telling me to cutt to the chase. "Good, cause I may fall in debt if your acclaimed winner looses. But I've got plenty to trade" I told him. He chuckled at me "so what's my part of the deal? You want money? Some sort of immunity to be a bookie on these racetracks?". Killian was smart and clearly done his homework on me aswell. He knew about us Blinders controlling the racetrack back home and that I wanted to expand. And while Alfie mainly takes care of the business of the rumhouse. Killian had set his sight on the London racetracks back when they started. That was the main reason I came here, I wanted a part of the racetracks up North. I had to play this cool as to not prompts him to an attack. "Untill I hear what your trading I can't promise anything. So, are you talking or are you just going to waste my time? Cause there is one thing I do not like and that is having my time wasted.". He then turned his head to me. Cold, lifeless blind eyes stared at me. Almost like he could see right through to my soul. The crowd around us suddenly roared and I realized the horses had crossed the finish line. "Victory for Spion Kop!!" The commentator loudly announced through the speakers. I watched a smirk tugging at Killian's lip "seems like I was right about the horse". I stayed silent and he continued "now that I have earned you some price money, like the good host I am. I suggest you continue talking about your trade, before I put you in a wooden overcoat. Because trust me when I say that I'm close to loosing my patience with you". There is a saying that tells us that there are two types of men in the world. The ones who are dead. And the ones who are deadly. And Killian Solomons sure as hell is the latter.

Published: 15th of October 2023

Update request:
leez12oh
Omegaverse1981