Buggy final battle

We made our way back to the dogs location only for me to find the building burnt down which broke my heart and will break my heart even more was seeing the dog howl at it and whimper.

I didn't show the emotion just like Luffy but it did break my heart and I bet it broke luffy's heart as well.

We then hear Nami say in a voice of disgust and anger.

Nami: Oh you two are still alive I thought for sure that The fighter in that line would have ripped your heads off by now. And I wish they had because there'd be one less pirate left in this world!

Me and Luffy were unfazed by this comment I just didn't let her get to my nerves and I just walked towards the dog and Luffy did the same

Nami: Maybe I should kill both of you right now before you gather a crew and destroy someone else's treasure!

Mayor: Wait stop! There's no need for more violence!

Luffy: You couldn't kill me even if you tried.

Y/n: and besides you don't even know anything about us.

The mayor was trying to hold back Nami from killing us or at least trying to kill us.

Nami: we won't know unless we try now won't we! I know that all pirates are selfish, lying, and dishonorable and how do I know you're not like that too!

I stop after she finishes her sentence to my question and I say back to her.

Y/n: Let me ask you a question do you think all Marines are honorable Because I know a few Marines that are so dishonorable and leave the bad taste in my mouth.

Nami just fell silent after I asked her that question and just looked down in silence still having anger and disgust on her face.

Luffy then puts the retrieved dog food in front of ChouChou and Sat right beside him which in turn surprised Nami and the mayor.

I did the same by also sitting beside the dog.

Luffy: sorry that's all we could find. The rest was eaten by the lion.

Nami(thought): Those two guys fought that weird brawler guy and that lion guy for the dog.

Luffy: I can tell your fought hard and it was admirable even though I didn't see it.

Y/n: But you did your best despite being a small dog you went up against a very dangerous predator just to protect what you treasure the most.

I then pet the dog on the head and said.

Y/n: You know your owner's not truly gone

Y/n: You know your owner's not truly gone. The love he shared with you. That's the real treasure. So remember that even though you're alone and that your master is no longer here, he's still here in your heart.

I gave the dog a warm smile and so did Luffy.

I saw the wounds on his body and decided they'll help him out a little.