chapter one

The perfect family, a caring father, a loving mother, their little obedient girl, and their favorite boy.

When you were naive, you were happier.

Once I opened my eyes I was surrounded by strangers who stared at me with eyes full of affection "She is the prettiest baby I have ever seen" a man's voice exclaimed happily as he held me gently.

I couldn't see his face, it was blurry but I felt his emotions

"What do you mean? This is the first baby you have ever seen" an exhausted voice of a woman replied.

That woman is lame...

".... she is my child, no wonder she is the prettiest child ever, she has my genes" he explained himself, from his tone, I could feel he was very offended, I don't blame him but wai- I am in a baby's body.

"You mean my genes, she looks nothing like you"

"How could you say that when she doesn't have any facial expressions yet?"

"How are you calling her the prettiest child when you've never seen one before?"

There was a moment of silence,  but it wasn't important! I still don't understand! Did I become a child?!!

No, it is worse I am a baby with freaking diapers and grownups will change it for me.... get me out of here!!!!

"I think you are right, she truly looks like you, she is cal-" and before I let the man who I think is my father, I burst into tears.

"Waaaaaaahaaaaaaa" get me out of here!!!! I don't want to start my life from the beginning!!! What do you mean that I will learn about circles again?!! Did I understand it in my first life to understand it here!!

The woman sighed in disappointment "You were saying?"

"Nothing..." he moved me back and forced me gently to calm me down, but I was a brat and cried even louder, realizing that I would have to watch math go from simple equations to the most complicated thing in life, more complicated than my mood swings.

"Shh, it's fine. Your dad is here" he rubbed my back gently and I fell asleep.

Now I am 13 years old and the man whose voice welcomed me when I first opened my eyes here has left for 7 years.

The news spread everywhere back then, that "Baron Alfonso has disappeared and was last seen leaving his house to meet the Emperor but he never got there. It's not confirmed that he is dead, yet there is no proof or a sign that gives a hint if he was alive somewhere."

Well, people listen to this and just feel sorry for him. No, they spread rumours about him "Baron Alfonso has run away with a secret lover and faked everything to leave his wife and children without anyone knowing"

That is what people live for, the gossip.

My mother's in-laws neglected her and her miserable state after losing her husband.

My mother used to be a princess of another kingdom but because she fell in love with my father, her family gave her permission to marry him.