Chapter Four

Going to bed in the early morning sucked. Waking up as the sun was setting was even worse. Jason knew he wasn't breaking that habit anytime soon. He felt like absolute shit. What the hell did he expect to happen last night? Everyone warned him, but... it had to happen. He took a deep breath and wanted to vomit. From his mental distraught, and he didn't smell the best. Still had to eat, shower, and sleep apparently. What a trade.

The shower felt nice, giving Jason a more refreshed feeling. He tossed yesterday's clothes in the closet, noting that the outfit he took from the there the day prior was back, and that his accident clothes were still there. What a strange world. He was glad he didn't forget about his spare outfit. He sighed and went off to the living room. He found Derek playing a game on the tv.

"Didn't know you were such a nocturnal person." Derek commented as Jason took a seat on the couch next to him.

"I'm really not." Jason replied.

"Well, it's good to see you again either way."

Jason frowned. "Thought I was just going to go off and what? Kill myself?"

Derek shrugged casually. "That, or you wallow in the realization of what you had and what you really lost. That's a real early breaking point for people." He set the gaming controller down. "Anyways, Asia made some breakfast, on the counter. It's six hours old at this point though."

"A nice gesture." Jason replied with a ghost of a smile as he walked over to the counter, however, that counter was void of anything. He frowned. "Did she put it in the fridge?"

Derek looked over from his seat. "And it disappeared." He yawned and stretched. "Go figure. Looks like she didn't put blood sweat and tears in it.

Jason smirked at the joke, at least, he hoped it was a joke. "Where's everyone else?" He asked.

"Haven't seen Veronica." Derek replied with a shrug. "I'd imagine she's still asleep."

"She a nocturnal person?"

Derek sighed. "She's anything she wants to be." He paused for a moment, then continued. "Asia's in her room, probably drawing. If you want something to fuel your nightmares, go check with her." Derek paused once again, but his face paled slightly. "Don't...tell her I said that."

Jason merely laughed and told Darek he wouldn't. Though, the comment did strike his curiosity. He left Derek in search of Asia. He knew her room was on the bottom floor, but Jason had never been down there before. The stairs lead to a second living room that was more of a game room, with a pool table and arcade cabinet. The door on the other side of the room that was cracked open seemed like good start. He peaked through.

Asia was lying on the floor facing away from the door, drawing like Derek had guessed. She, on the other hand, could not have guessed someone would actually come down here. Jason cracked the door open a bit more, which got Asia to turn and yelped while jumping up. That got Jason to take two steps back in surprise. "What?" He asked, a bit defensively.

Asia seemed more embarrassed than anything. "No, Noth- uh. What are you doing?"

"I just came down to see what's up." Jason replied. "And to thank you for breakfast."

"You had it?" She asked skeptically.

"Well...no." An honest answer. "It was gone by the time I got to it."

Asia sighed. "Figures."

"But it's-"

"The thought that counts." Asia finished. "Yeah yeah. I've heard it all before."