005, the talk

CHAPTER FIVE: THE TALK

LUCIANA JUDGE

ೃ⁀➷ LUCIANA JUDGE

_____

"Of course I said yes when Val asked me to stalk him," Luciana said nonchalantly, leaning back on her couch. "I mean, between you and me, working with old white men all day is exhausting, and boring and I like terrorizing children." 

She rolled her eyes when everybody in the room just stared at her.

"Please, if you were me you'd do the same," she muttered. "I mean, they pay me all this money and I'm just a fucking coffee girl. I need something to do. I need someone to yell at."

_____

 "ANYONE I SHOULD LOOK OUT FOR IN SPRING TRAINING IF SHE HATES ME?" Anthony asked, pressing the elevator button. 

Oswaldo hummed as he thought about it. Really, he should look out for everyone, because if Ward didn't like Anthony, nobody would, but he also wasn't about to tell him that. He wasn't that cruel. 

He wasn't Lila.

After Anthony flew out to Tampa, Oswaldo, who had already been there for a day, picked him up and they went to the hotel the team would be using when the rest of them arrived. Antony had gotten an email from the front office, telling him Luce would be expecting him that day at 3:30 to go over some things.

He knew exactly what things they would be going over.

They'd already met very briefly when she came to talk to them along with Aaron Boone, Giancarlo Stanton, and Aaron Judge and he thought he liked her. He was terrified that he was wrong.