chapter two

Meanwhile later on that night, Stefan stood at the door of cellar as Katherine drank blood from a small bottle.

"Come on, that's all I get? That was nothing!" Katherine said and Stefan chuckled shaking his head.

"I'm not here to help you, Katherine..." Stefan said and Katherine smirked.

"You should. You all should." Katherine said and Stefan looked at her.

"Why would I do that?" Stefan asked and Katherine smirked again, before opening her mouth to speak.

"You know that little mistake that daddy Salvatore made? What was his name, August?" Katherine said with her smirk. Stefan's face faltered a little bit.

"What does, August have to do with anything? He's been dead for a hundred and forty-six years..." Stefan said as he thought about his little brother.

"I know that it still bothers you? Daddy Salvatore was an even more horrible father to him, and you— you couldn't save him..." Katherine said and Stefan sighed.

"It wasn't my fault that he died, there was nothing I could do..." Stefan said, though it wasn't just Katherine he was saying that to.

"What if I told you, baby Salvatore was still alive?" Katherine said and Stefan looked at her, not believing it.

"No, that's not possible. I seen his dead body." Stefan said and Katherine chuckled. "Plus even if he did survive, there's no way he'd be alive now, I would know if he had became a vampire." The vampire said and Katherine shook her head.

"Oh, he's still human..." Katherine spoke and Stefan was getting annoyed.

"What are you saying Katherine?" Stefan said through gritted teeth and Katherine smirked.

"Baby Salvatore isn't dead. Not really. What you boys don't know, is that there was a witch. August has been sleeping for that last hundred and forty six years in a box. Witches use herbs and stuff to prolong their death. She hates vampires, so she took it out on baby brother, Salvatore. Spelled him to sleep and put him in a coffin." Katherine explained with a smirk on her face. Stefan shook his head.

"You're bluffing..." Stefan said and Katherine shook her head.

"So why now? Why now would you tell us?" Stefan asked and Katherine shrugged her shoulders.

"Well quite frankly I'm ready to get out of here. If you help me, I'll help you." Katherine said and Stefan scoffed shaking his head.

"So that's your motive... where is this witch?" Stefan asked his demeanor faltering at thought of his brother still being alive.

"Oh, come on, it's not gonna be that easy. I want a deal. I help you get back the boy and you guys let me go." She said and Stefan shook his head.

"No, no, we can't take the risk..." Stefan said before he shook his head trying to clear his mind. She had to be bluffing. It couldn't be true.

"Fine, I'll give you a hint. Olive Eicherman..." Katherine smirked as Stefan immediately sped away and up the stairs.