Chapter 5

The day was as caring as it could be and the night was as passionate as it could be from Abdullah's side. Anyhow, Aylah was still numb. She wanted to come out of her shell of insecurities but her memories kept coming back. She was keen to find happiness. Abdullah looked at her with his eyes filled with admiration abd love.

"All right, honey?" He spoke up, sensing Aylah was in deep thoughts.

She smiled and nodded.

"Would you like to go to the mall, today?" Abdullah asked her.

"Yeah. I'll get ready." She smiled and replied to her husband.

"I'm waiting." He replied.

She changed her clothes and took a bath. She got ready wearing the clothes she was expected to wear and joined Abdullah for the trip to the mall.

Abdullah wanted to have a child, on the other hand. That was so obvious; it had been about 4 months since their marriage and he wanted to become a father, so badly. But, still, he didn't want to pressurize Aylah into it. He loved her. He truly did. He wanted her to be happy, even if he had to sacrifice all of his wishes.

He remembered how happy she was with Zain; always smiling. He remembered how they walked hand in hand in the school and how Aylah adored Zain even after knowing that he wasn't rich. She still trusted him. She had belief in Zain. She knew that he would become a 'big' man once in his life.
On his side, Abdullah considered himself a loser before Zain. He never got good grades while Zain was the topper of the class. Zain worked hard but Abdullah got everything from his father. He had the family business inherited while Zain owned his own engineering company abroad.

Sometimes he even loathed himself for what he did with Aylah. But then, his emotions and the evil inside him, consoled him. His emotions made him sure that he needed to 'earn' Aylah.
He loved Aylah. He even does now. But still, he thought that he should've let go of her.
If his love was true, if his care was deep enough, so he should've let Aylah marry Zain. He should've made her happy. But again, he thought that 'he' needed Aylah.
He was keen to make Aylah love him. But, maybe, he wasn't knowing that no one could be forced to love you. All that you can do is to be loveable and expect the same from others.