🌈️ Chapter 7

That was the day of the carnival near Ashu's house. It is held every year. As it was held near Ashu's house, we took permission from our parents and went alone. Parents gave money. We bought tickets and entered the carnival. There was everything that should be in a carnival, like a merry go round, a magic show, a musical show, a sky ride, etc. The whole area was very beautiful because of the colorful lights around it. Little kids were running here and there. Not only children but also adults enjoyed this. Sweet stslls, toy shops, other interesting food stalls, fun games, etc. were seen there.
I and Ashu walked everywhere holding hands.

"Shall I give a baby to the middle of both of you?"

Someone put her hands on our shoulders and asked with laughing loud.We knew that voice. She was Pramu. We looked at her back.

"Wow, it looks like two lovebirds are here to have fun. "

When Pramu said it, I felt a little awkward.
Then Ashu said in a friendly manner,

"Pramu, enough. Shut up your mouth without upsetting my mood"

"Shh.. Ok m'am. As you wish,"
Pramu said, keeping her finger to her mouth. We all laughed.

"So Pramu, what's going on? When did you come here? With whom did you come?"By the way, what's the story of the baby that you told earlier?"

I asked Pramu about it because I didn't have any idea about it.

"Oh god,,didn't Ashu say yet? she lo...."

Pramu couldn't complete her sentence. Ashu shouted loudly.

"Pramuuu.. what did I say earlier? If you don't shut up, I will hit you."

"Pramu. don't care for her. please tell. What it is about?"
I forced Pramu to say it.

"Rishu. You too should keep your mouth shut. I'll buy us something to eat."

Ashu said that and went to the shop in front of us. Until then, Pramu and I started talking. That was the day I met Pramu again after Ruhan's concert.

Pramu talked first.
"If Adhi's dad didn't come that day, even "either one of you"would lose that chance,right?"

I was surprised !!

"What..what did you say now? Why did you say that "even either of us"? "

Then Pramu said,
"Damn, at least didn't Ashu say anything about it? Listen Rishu. Don't tell Ashu that I said this. Maybe Ashu will never say this. So I am going to tell you. "
"The song that Ashu gave you that day was written by Ashu for her to participate in that competition. Our school selected Ashu for that competition. but you said that you too had been selected by your school for it. Ashu knew that the winner's gift was Ruhan's concert ticket, and she knew that you were his big fan. That's why she knew how important it was for you to win that competition. She strongly believed that you could do it, so she left the competition. The song she gave you was the one she had already written for the competition.
Not only that, but the most important thing, Ashu, to you- ..."

"Hi Rishu"
Pramu couldn't complete what she was trying to say to me. I was angry with myself. I actually forgot to ask Ashu "why she wrote that song. Also, although many contestants from many schools participated, I didn't notice anybody from Ashu's school participating. It didn't even take a minute for my eyes to fill with tears.

"Oh Rishu. No no. Don't cry now. Also, the last day I saw you, you cried like a baby. Don't spoil the mood now. smile like a good girl. Don't tell Ashu that I said these things. "

I nodded to say "Ok" and wiped away the tears.
Adhi came towards us, saying "Hi Rishu"

What a surprise ! I, Ashu, Ashu's school friend, and my school friend all met there together.