October 14, 2023 | Shelter

Day 14, Shelter

This is actually perfect for me to continue what I was writing off yesterday! So imma just use that-

You already know the drill from yesterday!
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Twisted Elite

After he introduced himself he gave us some time to warm up, specifically me... M kept close to me so we could warm up faster. I think it was to also keep me safe from this... stranger.

This... Galaxy Steve was our only source of warmth as he helped us warm up. We sat there in silence for a few minutes before she spoke.

"So... what's your name?" He asked... it was weird to actually be able to talk to someone.

"Elite. That's M. He's mute and can't talk- the robot... I'm not exactly sure what it is." I admit. Galaxy looks at the three of us.

"Well.. you can come with me to my home! To take shelter!" Galaxy offers. I normally would say no immediately but... we don't have much of a choice if we want to live.

"Sure... I guess... but no funny business!" I snapped at him. He laughs a me.

"Aww we can't have a little fun around here? You are the second group of strangers I have seen today!" He helps pick up the robot as M supports me into my feet.

"Second? What do you mean by that?" I asked a bit concerned. It could of been someone else... someone not as nice here too.

"Well just one person. I'll show you once I get you home! Come on I'll teleport us over!" Galaxy cheers excitedly. Before I could do anything or ask more he takes us away in a few strikes of lightning.

Suddenly everything around us disappeared into a comforting warmth. I sighed in relief to find what I didn't expect to see.

We were next to the sea- well sort of. It seemed to be a large waterfall. The air was warm and less humid even if it was dark still. Parts of a house were floating around in the air. If it was on the ground the house would be fairly large. M looks up in wonder. I looked up as well to see no longer snowy clouds but an endless galaxy sky above us. Galaxy laughs a bit.

"Like it? I made this world myself! From the snowy biomes to the warm beach that isn't to far from here!" He smiles and helps us inside. He steps on a stone on the ground. We do the same and the rocks lifts us up into the air and into what seems to be the main part of the house. A living room with chairs and a fire burning.

"Made it yourself?! What kind of power do you have?!" I asked a bit confused. Galaxy offers us to sit down as we did.

"Yup! After watching the Steves in the main world fall apart I decided I didn't want to be apart of it and wanted to make a world for myself and my creations!" He smiles. He walks around grabbing some things to make what seems like... tea?

"And you didn't bring anyone else?" If he had this power why no bring the others.

"Becuase if I did the same problems would started here. It also means this world doesn't have to be so big! I was a bit lonely though and I'm happy more people have shown up! It will make it more exciting. How is that old world like now?" He explains as he gets a kettle over the flames lifted in the air by his magic.

"Gone. It was destroyed entirely by this... monster and..." I explained what happened to him, leaving out the darkness I was made out of. Galaxy listens intently.

"Ah... so there probably aren't many survivors then... that's sad." Galaxy pulls the kettle out of the fire and pours himself, Me, and M some tea.

"Yes... it is. Why would we appear here though?" I asked him. He just shrugs.

"No clue, maybe it was fate that decided that you got to live." He then pours some tea for two more people. I was going to ask who when he calls out.

"Elemental! Bring your friend down here! We have more guests!" Galaxy calls out.

"Elemental?" I asked him.

"One of my creations... my other one wanted to stay to try to fix the world but... if what you say is true then he is probably gone. I just hope he was happy in his final moments.

Suddenly I heard a few things shuffle and move around the house. My eyes wandered and saw a Steve I have never seen before made of water, dirt, and lava. Next to him was a famialr face.

"Yellow Steve?!" I stood up. Yellow Steve- the one who gave me the apple runs up to me suddenly and gives me a hug. I slowly hugged him back. "I'm glad you are okay..." I mutter to him. He just looks at me happily.

"So are you the only one who can talk?" The plant Steve- who I assume is Elemental asked me. I nodded.

"As far as I am aware... yes." Yellow Steve pulls back from the hug and looks at me covered in blood. He started to tug at me.

"Yea your friend there definitely needs to be cleaned up. Elemental you showed Yellow Steve how already right?" Galaxy asks him. Elemental nods. "Great! You get cleaned up! Afterward I can make some spare space for beds for all of you." Galaxy smiles. His kindness... it's something I only saw in that monster before he turned into one.

"Thank you... for letting us into your... shelter." I tell him as I was dragged by Yellow Steve. Galaxy shakes his head.

"No, you can call this your home now. All of you need one... especially after what you went through." He smiles to me... and the first time ever... I cried.

We are safe now.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
(Words 975)