Interrogation & Cupcakes

Benedict's POV:

"So, Ms. - er, what's your last name?" I prompted.

She threw me an irritated look and mumbled "Prasad" under her breath.

"So, Ms.Prasad where did you meet Mr.Prasad?" I smirked at her.

"What the hell has it got to do with this?" She asked.

"You are bound to answer my questions. What part of the Father's letter did you not understand?" I teased her.

"Are you really going to sponsor their education?" She stiffened.

Sponsor? Oh... That's what the Father wrote.

"Yes" I answered without much thinking. I'd love to sponsor them, or do anything in my will to help them get away from her.

"So, I ought to know about the girls' father before being their sponsor" I informed.

"Oh, so you're sure that you will sponsor them?" She beamed.

"Uh - huh" I nodded.

"I need a proper word of consent from you. No nodds"

"Yes. Yes, I will sponsor them until you get a real job after your university graduation and if necessary I'd be ...um... ok with sponsoring for your education and medial requirements ... for all the three of you too" I suggested.

She looked at me as if I was some lunatic sitting in her living room and ranting.

"What?" I snickered. She raised a finger gesturing me to hold on and walked into the next room. After some time she came with some bonded papers and handed it to me.

"What's this?" I took it from her. She pulled a swivel chair and sat in front of me with a glass coffee table holding us in our boundaries.

"Those are the legal papers, if you want to sponsor them. Sign over the dotted line and yeah, read all the terms and conditions. You'd take it to your lawyer too, if you wish" she tossed me a pen.

I caught it mid air and went through the papers. Nothing strange or risky. Just some terms like what sort of rights I hold on the girls because of the sponsorship and how flexible are those rights.

"Alright, I will sign them" I clicked the pen. I could see a smile creeping on Sri's face. Not too soon, my dear.

"You haven't answered my question yet" I said, dropping the pen down without signing.

"What?!" Her eyes grew big.

"Where did you meet Mr.Prasad?" I repeated my question.

"Look, can you just sign this and ask about it later?" She begged.

"Nope. Not until you answer" I crossed my arms over my chest and leaned back on her sofa.

"Fine. I'll answer this one question and then, I need you to sign"

"Then, I'll probe you some more" I cut her off.

She nodded.

"Cool! Tell me, about your passionate encounter with Mr.Prasad" I wagged my eyebrows.

"Mr.Prasad is not their father. There, you got your answer. Now, sign it" She pushed me.

"What? Then who's Prasad? Who's their father?" I leaned forward with some more questions.

"That's three extra questions. Sign, and I'll tell you more, if you want me to" She gave me a smug expression. I quickly signed the papers and tossed the pen away. Sri took them and checked whether I've signed wherever necessary.