Unleash The Demon

Benedict's POV:

(Next morning)

After spending a sleepless night for the third straight day, I reluctantly got up from my bed and got ready for the day.

Prepare for the battle, Ben. Anything could happen. You might meet another bedlamite?

I really don’t understand whether my profession is risky or I’m the one who’s making it complicated.

Suddenly, I remembered something. “Shit! That woman”

I went to my bedroom, grabbed my phone and dialled her number.

“Pick up, pick up, and pick up… for god’s sake!” she didn’t pick up. I tried once again.

“Hello… who’s this?”

A sighed a relief.

“Thank God! You’re not dead”

“Excuse me? Who’s this who wants me dead on a Wednesday morning?” she asked quizzically.

“Of course you were drunk last night, weren’t you?”

“Drunk? How do you know I was drunk? Who are you? Ow” she groaned.

Hangover. Poor girl.

“Who am I is not important now. Take an aspirin that would help you and, have a great day!” I hung up on her.

Good god, I escaped the chance of being investigated over a drunken girl’s suicide.

Immediately I got a call from Karen. She informed me that she had found the identity of the writer.

“Wow! That’s great! You even called her?” I asked surprised.

“Yes, of course. Getting her on phone was not that difficult.  She sounded polite, though”

“We’re talking about a trouble maker here, Karen – an imposter”

“Yeah, I know. But, she said that it was her friends, you know, some of your over excited fans that tricked her to promote it excessively and you know the rest – how the media functioned actively to sing your praises”

I rolled my eyes and said,” When will I get to meet her?”

“She said she’s on her way to London from America. I’ll arrange a meeting with her very soon”

“Can I have her number?” I very badly wanted to talk to that mysterious lady who knows all about me even when we’ve never met.

“Ben, remember she’s one of your fans and it’s not advisable for you to contact her directly” she explained.

“Don’t worry. I’ll use a disposable phone and I’ll be more careful” I assured her.

“I don’t understand why you’re so anxious now, but be very careful. You know how risky this is, don’t you?”

“Yeah, yeah… I know”

Finally I got her number – the number of the most mysterious woman I’ve ever known.

‘Can I prank her with this?’ I asked and smiled to myself.

I really wanted to do something crazy to her; you know something that’ll steal away her peace of mind, like what she’d done to me. She MUST pay for what she’d done.

‘Yes, you are going to suffer. I’ll make you go crazy and soon you’ll lose your sleep’ I said to myself. When people said that I have a sinister voice I didn’t believe but now, I do.