Suspicious

Benedict's POV:

"Darling,can you send me Sri's address? I want my laptop immediately and I don't even have her number" I called to Victoria. I haven't heard from Sri since last Sunday and I wonder what the hell she's doing with my laptop.

"I'll s-send you now" she said softly.

"What happened love, you ok? Did I call you in a wrong time?"

"No, No. I'm fine. I'll send it now"

"Ok, bye. I love -" I heard a beep sound at the other end which was strange, because it's always Victoria who hangs up last.

Seconds later, I received a text from Victoria with Sri's number and her address. Of course she lived close to where I walked her the other day.

Sri lived in a secluded area, in a small single storey house. I pulled my car in front of her house and walked to the door. There was so evidence of human habitation there. I gently knocked at the door, but no one opened it. I called Sri's phone and heard it ringing inside the house.

Why the hell she's not opening the door if she's inside?

I knocked again only this time with more force and called her name.

"Sri, it's me Benedict. Open the door"

I heard her talking to someone in whispers and finally she opened the door.

"What took you so long?" I tried to enter her house but she was blocking my way.

"I-I was .. sleeping!" She said while constantly turning back and checking around her house.

"Sleeping? At noon?" I frowned.

"It's my house Cumberbatch and I'd sleep here whenever I want" she scowled.

This girl and her attitude.

"I need my lapt..." I was distracted because she was turning her head again and looking out for something.

"You're acting so weird" I said, softly.

"That's because you came unannounced" She scowled at me again.

"Are you done with my laptop or not?" I couldn't stand her attitude anymore.

"Wait!" She snapped back and shut the door on my face.

Is she doing this purposely? What kind of friend does my girlfriend has? This girl is trying my patience.

She opened the door again, just enough to peek outside and asked, "Just give me ten minutes, ok?"

That doesn't sound like a request but I obliged anyway. "Yeah, can I come inside?" But slammed the door before I could complete the sentence.

Bitch.

Exactly, two minutes later she opened the door and asked me to come inside.

I was surprised by her sudden hospitality.

"Do you want something.. um, to drink?" She closed the door behind.

"No, you won't have what I ask, so I'm good" I replied her with as much hate as possible because it's payback time!

She rolled her eyes at me and went to her desk to operate on my laptop.

"I thought you'd be done with my laptop after having it for over a week" I asked.

"I had work and I already informed Victoria about this, didn't she tell you?"

"Um.. no" I answered. That's when I realised that I hadn't spent time with Victoria of late, not because I am busy but she's not around when I'm home.