Chapter one. The confessions.

Chapter one

Dazai-San, Akutagawa-san, why did you call me up here?

Atsushi asked, shifting side to side ever so slightly, worried about what they wanted to talk about. The lunch bell rings, the sound of the students chatter and gossip pours out of the school. Bet they are talking about Dazai and Akutagawa ... .who wouldn't? They are famous at this school...

I still can't believe that they wanted to be friends with me...a nobody..

Atsushi-kun. Y-yes? Snapping back to reality, Dazai and Akutagawa

Are blushing like crazy, unable to meet my eyes, and when they finally do...

Atsushi-Kun, will you go out with me? They both blurted out at the same time.

...HUH?! Atsushi stumbles backwards blushing like crazy and eyes widen and clear with confusion. T-this is a prank right? Atsushi started to chuckle slightly, poor Akutagawa, Dazai-San roped you into this didn't he?

It's not a prank this time Atsushi-Kun....Dazai said in a low voice, clearly feels a bit hurt that Atsushi thinks this is all a prank.does he just sees me as a prankster...? W-we actually have liked you for a long time, we could never find the courage to confess. Akutagawa said, blushing so heavily he looked like a tomato.

Dazai nodded, it's true...we would fight over you...some of the fights even resulted in violence...but Atsushi didn't need to know that..

Dazai and Akutagawa took a step towards him.

S-so who will you choose? Dazai asked, Blushing almost as badly as Akutagawa.

Atsushi took a step back, and another, blushing so heavily he looked like a tomato, feeling overwhelmed and confused he bolted out of the school rooftop exit door, rushing down the stairs feeling very confused but yet happy? T-this can't be real can it?!

Oh why did I run away?! Atsushi thought as he finally managed to calm down on a nearby school bench. The sun is setting soon...I better get home before dark..

As Atsushi walked down the streets he spotted a small kitten meowing for food,

Its fur was so filthy he couldn't tell what color it was...

You poor kitty..Atsushi said as he picked up the kitten and carried it home.

As he carried the kitten, it would stop meowing. Atsushi could tell it was hungry, do we have cat food at home? He stopped by a pet store and bought dozens of cat food and a small bed. As they got closer to Atsushi house, he spotted Akutagawa walking down the very same street his house was on.

Oh please no don't see me! But it was too late. Akutagawa spotted him and gave him a wave as Atsushi came closer, as he had no choice since his house was down the street Akutagawa was on...

Awkward silence fills the air as they walk side by side...until the kitten Atsushi rescued started meowing. Akutagawa flinched, confused where the loud crying was coming from. Oh right...I forgot I picked you up...

S-sorry about that, that was my kitten...

you have a pet?

Er, well I found this kitten on the street so I sort have adopted him? Or is it a she....

Atsushi lifted the kitten and turned it around to see underneath the tail, Oh it's a she..

What a lovely cat...but you should give it a bath and maybe take it to the vet, cats can be dangerous and you live alone...can you really take care of a cat?

Akutagawa said, not meaning to be rude, he was just worried for me ... ..like always, always caring for me even when I get sick he would take care of me despite my protests that I was fine...

Atsushi-Kun?

Y-yes? Snapping back to reality.

Before he could say anything it started to rain...

Atsushi pulled up his hoodie over him, um how far is your house Akutagawa-San?

Pretty far, why?

Um you could come over to my house, it's close by you could stay for the night...

Blushing slightly, knowing that it would be awkward since he has just confessed to him...

U-um sure...Akutagawa said blushing slightly, probably thinking the same thing I was...Atsushi thought..

As they arrived at Atsushi house, they quickly got inside as the rain got even worse...