Chapter 2: The Dark Below

After a half an hour or so, the plane hit its most violent shake of turbulence yet. So violent in fact, that there was a little red light flashing from the cockpit. It must not have been good, because it had a sort of buzzing sound to it. I started to panic.

After about ten more minutes of flashing red light, the planes angle started to change. It was tipping forward, not a good sign.
I was going to crash. I'm gonna die.

As the angle of the plane increased and increased, I decided to stay in my seat, because it would only be worse if I were out in the open.

When the plane was just barely going straight down, it happened. Finally, it was over. Everything was dark...

...

As I gained consciousness, I looked at my surroundings and tried to take it all in. Was I dead? I can't be I'm still in the plane. I noticed a huge deep wound on my leg, must have been caused by plane debris.

At this point I wished to die, wished for it to be over.

I was still in my seat, and the plane was probably at a 45 degree angle downward, half filled with water. I was in the air though, or I would've passed out under water and died. That's what I wished would have happened.

Then I noticed this red stuff floating around towards the cockpit.
Blood.
What else could it be? Cocktail?

I didn't know what to do. The seat belt was holding me, and if I unlicked it I would fall out.

Then I noticed another thing. A Clicking Crackling sound, mixed squeaking, and ringing sound. The engine. Fire.

After a few seconds I realized it. Engine + Fire = Kaboom. I immediately unclicked the seat belt, not thinking, and fell unto the seat in front of me, which didn't hurt too bad, but the only thing on my mind was to get out ASAP

I dove into the water. I wasn't a good swimmer, but I was sure I could get out. As I dove in, the gash in my leg stung like fire because it was salt water, and all the sounds were muffled. And I also noticed more things. The plate from the counter for making cocktails, spinning around, and a pocketknife. I took that and put it in my pocket.

As I swam deeper I saw that a safety hatch had been opened, which also had a life raft outside. THANK GOD.

I swam deeper towards the exit, and began to run out of air. Knowing the engine would explode any second, I gave one last hard push and finally got out of the plane.

I grabbed onto the life raft, and pulled myself up to it. Finally, fresh oxygen air.

When I got into the life raft I collapsed instantly, and the engine gave up.

BANG.

...