Chapter 12: Bad Things

Chapter 12

"Are you a three-year-old? You eat like a child." Although it sounded like she's complaining that would not hinder Freen from taking care of her beloved Rebecca. She reached out to grab some tissue paper before she brought it to Becky's lips and wiped the corner of her mouth which now smudged with milk from the cereal breakfast she's having.

Becky stared at Freen cluelessly, letting her lover do whatever she intended to do. Seeing Freen's concerned frown and her little mumbling made her heart flutter. Becky never thought that she would be pampered like this by Freen Sarocha Chankimha. The well-known ice princess turned out to be much sweeter than she could ever imagine.

"I'm just a baby." Becky pouted, pretending to be offended.

Freen's movement halted. By the time she brought up her gaze to look at Becky, she found the girl was already gazing right into the eyes. Becky never failed to make such a cute expression even with her grumpy frown and long pouting. A smile crept into the corner of her mouth as she adored the angle right in front of her, "Right, you are my cute Babyboo." Freen said.

The genuine compliment was then being followed by a playful pinch on Becky's cheeks. "And these mochi cheeks." Freen said before she pretended as if she wanted to bite Becky's soft cheeks.

"Hello missy, are you single?" Freen narrowed her eyes as she queried it to Becky.

"No. You can't flirt with me." Becky shook her head and hands simultaneously.

"Ah I see that you're taken. By whom? Me!" Freen flashed her smile proudly as she asked and answered it herself. Becky cracked up, amused by Freen's own monologue. The taciturn person was actually a goofball.

"Nah, nah. We're still here, you know that." Jim interrupted. Both Freen and Becky diverted their gazes to the gang and found everyone was staring at them with a grimace in their looks. Cringy.

"This whole thing makes me want to retch." Tee said and immediately rose to her feet. She tidied up the dish tray and left the scene a split second later.

"I don't know why I'm blushing, but could you please keep it low? We might get diabetes at this young age seeing you acting all sweet and charming like this every day." Kade said, touching her reddened cheeks. They witnessed everything while the couple acted as if everyone around them ceased to exist. Freen and Becky surely had the world of their own.

"Jim! Kade!" Freen glared at her best friends.

"Are you the same Freen we used to know? Where did you hide for the past years?" Jim threw her disbelief look. Kade nodded her agreement to Jim's query; she could not believe it either that they're seeing the same Freen. The cold-hearted and distant character has now turned into a warm and endearing one. The contradiction in the character portrayal was too much for them to comprehend. They found it was difficult for them to accept such drastic change.

Freen lost her words. Her mouth went agape as if she wanted to protest but nothing really came out. Instead, her cheeks gradually flushed red in embarrassment. She could not deny the fact that every aspect of her life was altered to a better extent ever since Becky came into her life. It worked like a magic switch. Everything came out spontaneously when she was dealing with Becky. She always wanted to spoil the girl, shower her with endless affection and make her the happiest girl alive. If she could walk for Becky, she would – that's how Freen could probably describe how much she appreciated Becky's existence in her life.

"You guys are hilarious!" Becky has been laughing continuously now. Watching Freen's face turning red like a tomato added more joy to that.

"Baby, the least thing you could do is to defend me." Freen muttered.