𝟏𝟕 | 𝑫𝒂𝒓𝒌𝒏𝒆𝒔𝒔 𝑺𝒉𝒂𝒍𝒍 𝑹𝒊𝒔𝒆

A/N: I know this is a day (technical terms, two) late, and I'm extremely, sorry! I was super busy yesterday and by the end of the day when I was going to start work on the chapter I was so tired I passed out at like 10 pm. I'll try not to again. Later today, I'll be posting another chapter of my new book "Gone With The Mist", and then the next chapter of "An Agent's Path" on Monday.

I haven't edited this chapter yet. I'll do it in the morning. For now, I just really wanted to get it out so I can go to bed 'cause I am in desperate need of sleep :)

Until then, Enjoy!

Adjusting my bag strap into a more comfortable position on my shoulder, I inhale deeply, the fresh air beyond relaxing. It's been less than a full day since we defeated the Devourer, and already a large majority of the goo has been cleaned up. I've never actually seen so many people contributing to something like cleaning up a city before. Though, I suppose that might have something to do with the fact that never before has something like the threat of the Devourer happened in this city. Aswell as the whole of Ninjago, for that matter.

Currently, I'm walking to meet up with the boys. Since the Serpentine burned down the Monastery and the Devourer destroyed the Bounty, we don't have anywhere to live. So, I left the four to continue helping clean up the streets while I went to the bank to get whatever money I have out of my account. Which was a decent amount.
Thankfully, the bank is fairly close to the train station, so I didn't have far to walk. And soon enough, I catch sight of the four. It's pretty easy to with our colored gi's.

“Finally. All fixed up and Serpentine free.” I hear Cole say happily whilst holding a street pole in place with Jay.

“Hey!” I call out when I'm only twenty feet away, waving my arm in the air.

“Hey. Did you get it?” Jay asks eagerly, glancing away from the large pole in his hands.

I nod, a smile spread across my face. “Yep. I got everything out my account. It's not much, but it should be enough to get us a roof over our heads and something to eat.”

“Good. 'Cause I'm starving.” Cole sighs in relief. I chuckle at his words.

Hearing a grunt beside me, I turn to see Kai trying to use his Elemental Powers, frustration evident on his face. “This is frustrating.” He groans. At the same time, Cole and Jay nearly drop the metal pole. “Our weapons are gone, and most of our elemental powers are gone. I mean, we can still do spinjitzu, but...” Trying again, his attempts are overshadowed by Zane using a blow torch to create more fire than Kai will for the rest of the week. “I just feel so, I don't know, limited.”

Turning around, Kai begins to walk back and fourth whilst ranting. “And thanks to the Devourer, our tank's out of commission, our Dragon's hurt, and now that the Bounty is destroyed, we don't even have a place to sleep.”

“No one ever said, being a hero is easy.” Zane interjects, lifting his mask. Thankfully, the metal pole is back to standing. “Though our good deeds may never make us rich, they make us rich in other ways.”

“Yeah, well, I don't feel rich.” Kai grumbles.

Shaking my head, I roll my eyes at his attitude. “Look, it'll be fine. We just need to tackle one problem at a time. The first being finding somewhere to lay down for the night.”

Picking a TV off the floor, Jay dumps it in the nearby bin. “I for one enjoy pitching in. I've always wanted to feel part of a community. Speaking of which, anyone seen Nya? She said she was gonna help.”

Shrugging, I open my mouth to say something, only to pause as the sound of engines revving gets progressively closer quickly. Craning my head to look around the corner of a building ahead, a small smile grows placant on my expression at the sight of Nya and Sensei Wu.