Chapter Ten: Keeper Of The Mermaid (PT.2- Full Awakening)

Atlas and Junabell stopped running when they were a good distance away, both doubling over in a lack of energy as they panted. Atlas chuckled a little to herself, "Hah... Ah... Looks like we lost them..."

Junabell wasted no time stating what was on her mind; things were happening a little too fast for her comfort, "Atlas, what the hell were those things and what the hell is a Keeper?"

"Those things... Were something called Phantoms..." Atlas confessed as yet another weird word came out of her; she doesn't know where the hell she knows this stuff but she just does, "I'm a Keeper as well but I can tell you... I have no idea what a Keeper is."

Junabell nodded her head in agreement as she tilted her head; there was a symbol on Atlas's eye, it was faint but something was there for certain. Junabell was going to ask something about it but decided not to.

No point in trying to figure out this catastrophe right now, what I'm worried about is what'll happen if those monsters find us!

Junabell glanced around the small area, which was an alleyway of all places to be in this city wide mad-spree of an apocalypse, before pulling Atlas in closer. Atlas blinked but followed willingly, "Where are we even going? Phantoms are all over the place..."

"Well, I figured we get to higher ground!" Junabell explained as she held her hand over a wall. It scanned her hand and pushed out a button, she pressed it back in and a small ding sound opened up, "C'mon, we don't have time to loose."

She followed behind and stood inside the elevator car, "Is that a secret elevator?"

"Yup! It runs on miniature Gravigiga generators~ you know, the ones that can lift several killer whales?" Junabell said with excitement as she pressed the up button, "Well this building runs on much bigger Gravigiga generators, but I managed to reroute some of the energy to this elevator~"

The doors chimed open to a small platform, Junabell grabbed Atlas's hand and moves quickly through the hallways to a large deck, "We should be safe here, there is a shield..."

"Uh, Junabell.... I don't think a shield is gonna protect us!" Atlas shouted as a black mass crawled down the side of the tall building; it looked like another one of those Pulse Bombers she encountered before it blew up her home but something was different about it.

There were bright yellow lines that crawled up its body like a computer grid, the occasional gurgling sound made Atlas feel so sick. Little drops oozed off of its body and down onto the platform, little creatures bubbled and gurgled before growing in mass to look like a small demon with a tail.

It lunged forward just as
Atlas shoved her out of the way, feeling it's claws scratch against her skin with that diabolical laughter, "Aah!!"

"Atlas!" Junabell shouted as she grabbed a metal pole and whacked the creature away, it squealed like a pig as it rolled away. Atlas clutched her arm with a small whimper, "Oh goodness Atlas are you okay?!"

"I-I'll be fine... It's just a small scratch..." Atlas managed out as the feeling burned in her arm, she winced hard at the feeling and bit back a cry of pain, "A-Are you okay?"

"You dumbass..." Junabell said as the little copy multiplied, Junabell glared at the demons as she stood up, "You want me, huh?! Well come and get some!!!"

[On Street Level]

Leone rounded the corner after fighting a few monsters and saving civilians, glaring up at the building as the monster sloshed around its oozing body. He could barely see them up on the platform, "Hang on Atlas! I'm coming!"

"Leone!" Alexen shouted as he came over, concern in his eyes, "What is going on?! Phantoms are all over the place in hoards!"

"They're in trouble..." Leone growled as he glared at the mass, pointing to the trouble on the high rise, "Atlas and Junabell are up there-"