Reconnect

————————-
CODYS POV
————————-

I sat on my bed with Noah, watching a movie when a notification came up on my phone.

I paused the movie and checked. A look of fear and excitement spread through my eyes

Dear Cody Anderson,

We are inviting you to the *BLANK* high school reunion! It is at 3:00 pm today and will be hosted at the high school.

You are welcome to bring one person.

We hope to see you soon

-principal McClean

I looked up at Noah.

"What's wrong?" He asked, I turned my phone and showed him, worry spread across his face too.

We weren't insanely liked in high school, honestly, he was the best thing about it.

(You 🫵 were the best 🥹thing about this place🗿🚪🗿)

Unfortunately, I got the reputation of an annoying little brother who was sulky and hit on girls out of my league. Noah was known as the annoying monotone bookworm who didn't participate in any sport. I mean, they got us down to a tea. But it still hurt.

"Should we go?" I asked. Noah looked up at me and brought me into a hug.

"If you want to" he replied. I nodded a little and he smiled.

"Let's go get changed and we can head off" he announced. I nodded and got changed after he left, grabbing my bag and waiting for him at the door. He came out a few minute later holding a pride pin. He smirked at me

"Should I shock em? Or I could play it safe and be Herero for an evening" he added, I laughed at his joke and nodded, grabbing my hat with the pansexual patch.

<timeskip>

We got out of the car and stared at the school.

"Are you ready?" He asked. I nodded and we walked in.

As I walked through the doors, I watched people talk and laugh, holding drinks of some kind. Everyone looked so... different.

"Cody?" Asked a familiar voice. I looked up to see Gwen. Her hair wasn't dyed anymore and was a chocolate brown kind of colour.

(Everyone basically looks like how they looked in the reunion video, except Cody and Noah bc no)

"Hey..Gwen?" I replied, she smiled a little and nodded. I felt heavily embarrassed.

She then looked over to Noah and waved, he waved back,rolling his eyes.

"Be nice" I whispered.

We walked off to find somewhere to sit, once we did, we realised some of the drama brothers were there. I signalled them over and they smiled.

Justin pulled up a few chairs for everyone and sat down.

"I didn't know you guys went here?" I stated

"Oh I don't, only Justin and Harold did" Trent replied "I'm Justin's plus 1, Harold brought Leshawna" once he announced that, she walked over and waved. I waved back, smiling.

A girl with brown hair and tan skin came up to us, she looked as if she thought she was in charge

"Sorry to ask, but who are you guys? I didn't see you sign in" she asked, I looked up in shock.

"There's a sign in sheet?" I asked, she nodded and handed it to us. I quickly wrote our names down and info and handed it back. As she looked over it she began staring at me.

"You're Cody?" She asked

"Yeah? You're Courtney, right?" I replied, she nodded softly and grabbed a chair.

The other drama brothers all walked off, including Noah.

"So.. what's up with your life currently?" She asked

"I'm in a band called the Drama brothers and we're staying here for a long while, I was travelling around doing tours and stuff. But I wanted to come back" I replied, she told me about her life in return and we continued chatting, then she looked at my hat and stared.

"Um..why are you staring?" I asked. She snapped out of her trance looked back at me

"Oh sorry," she apologised "it's just, what's that on your hat?" I took my hat off slightly and looked, I saw she was talking about the pan flag and smiled.

"It's the pansexual flag. It means that I feel attracted to all genders regardless of their gender." I explained, she nodded understandably and smiled.

"By the way..are you and.. Noah..together?" She questioned, whispering under her breath.

I nodded happily and looked at Noah walking back over. Noah sat down next to me and smiled. He noticed I was blushing a bit and looked over at Courtney. Gwen walked over and sat next to her, putting her arm around her waist.

"Hey Noah" she greeted. He simply nodded and smiled at me again.

Then I saw Duncan walking over.