12.

Going to the masquerade Florence already was wearing his mask as they are walking together respecting that Neuvillette does not want rumors to spread further especially if they were to figure out it was the prisoner who supposedly killed their famous and favorite artist in fontaine.
Florence held onto Neuvillette his arm as they walk making sure the white dress does not get dirty yet as they arrive everybody in the hall is shocked the chief Justice actually came!
Furina who was there looks at him jaw dropped before walking over glancing from Neuvillette to the "woman" back to Neuvillette.
"And WHAT....is the meaning of this? You come now with a date during such a theme? I did not know you were fancy-ing somebody Neuvillette"

Florence remained silent...
Mostly because he is speechless that the archon of Fontaine is standing right in front of him.
Even Neuvillette remains silent which got the archon rather offended.
"My name is Helena..." Florence spoke up and does a good impression of a womans voice.

"Well Helena have fun with our esteemed Chief Justice!"furina smiles and watches Florence walk off before she whispers yells something to Neuvillette "Why didn't you tell me you had a partner?! She is beautiful!"

Neuvillette sighs and shakes his head "we are here for a investigation Lady e whispers before he glances at Florence. "But "she" is indeed beautiful"

Florence simply walks around and enters the large ball room and he can see Raoul talk to the lady who owns the manor but also his actual father who remarried to her!
This was a mess if they both would recognize him.
Feeling a hand onto his waist he thought it was Neuvillette but he sees it is a woman standing besides him with white hair with red and black streaks in it.
"What are you planning to do..."
She almost sounds threatening but somehow she simply was asking it because she is curious.

Helena told him about the harbingers only once and he recognizes this one the moment his eyes layed upon her "Lady Arlecchino. It is a great honor to be in your pressence let alone speak with you"

Hearing the woman's voice it was almost convincing..even to a harbinger but she just about saw trough so she places her other hand on Florence his corseted small waist drawing the other closer to her "aren't you the one that murdered your mother?"
She asks taking  Florence his hand and starts to dance with him so it would not be obvious what they are whispering about. The harbinger was in a all white suite so she would take lead in the dance as the "male" of the pair.

"I didn't lady Arlecchino...that is why me and monsieur Neuvilette are here to capture somebody" he whispers to her as there faces are practically side by side their cheeks almost pressed together. Even the people watching them thought Florence was a woman. Just the hair do and dress can do a lot but he also has the figure that is convincing enough for a woman.

"Who is it. The lady of this manner? Her husband? The doctor? Since I am here for somebody as well. It would be very...very...unfortunate if our paths would cross"

Florence his eyes lock with Neuvillette before he paused the dance and bows down in courtesy. "The doctor" is all he said before he walks back to Neuvillette holding onto his arm again. "Even with a mask on I can see you are worried for me"

Worried?
Did he display emotions?
"Oh...i suppose I was a little yes since you talked to a dangerous woman." Seeing eyes are on them it is best if they dance and talk since it would not be noticeable then.
Just like how Florence and Arlecchino just did to keep their conversation secretive.
Raoul looks at them not thinking much of it since at masquerades many wear wigs so he thought the woman the chief Justice is with is just wearing a white wig yet Florence his biological father that abandoned him at such a young age recognizes him right away as he watches lips parted and seems stunned even when his wife tried to get the attention of him he just kept looking at Florence who walks to the floor where people are dancing.
He lets go of her hand and walks to the edge of the circle serounding the dance floor of the people who are watching the others dance as he just looks in shock at how far Florence has come...he is dancing with the chief justice after all! the man who kept him company that day when he sneaked out of the house!