Chapter 1- The Cattle Rancher With The Triangles On His Hand

I was desperate.

Why else would I turn to a human for help, when their magic is so vastly inferior to ours? And yet, after everything that had happened, I had no choice. And so I found myself asking for help from a boy who would be content with the life of a cattle rancher.

Once again, I was desperate.

Link isn't a bad person. His moral compass always points north, he's willing to help anyone in trouble, and he's quite capable with a sword. He just didn't seem like the sharpest guy, from what I'd seen, but only time would tell. And to his credit, he did rescue a little kid from a kidnapping monkey... yeah, long story. (How did I see all this? I hid in the shadows. I can do that. I can flatten myself out and become one with shadows. Very helpful for hiding, and watching.)

But I didn't know for sure that he was the Chosen hero. It was just me and my speculation at first. Me, my speculation, and my doubts that he would be able to perform his duties. The last part came later. 

For me, the whole mess started a long time ago. But for Link, I suspect it started when he got his horse from Ilia so that he could deliver a sword to the Royal family. He never would get to do that. This beast riding a boar rode in, knocked Link unconscious, kidnapped Ilia and Collin (Collin's an unlucky little kid who happened to be in the wrong place at the wrong time), opened a warping portal, and left.

Link, of course, tried to follow them. But he was in for a shock, because there was a big wall in the path the beast took, a wall which will be explained later. Anyway, a shadow beast reached through and pulled him through it. Not a pleasant experience, let me tell you- those shadow beasts have clammy hands. *shudder*

The shadow beast was in for a surprise too. Link had a mark on his hand, a golden triforce, which is a fancy term for three triangles. I don't know how I missed that, Link's definitely the Chosen hero. Anyway, the mark glowed, the beast released him, and ran away. The light hurt him.

It gets even better after that.