Chapter 3- The Door's Locked, Now What?

Magic isn't really all that difficult. It always came naturally to me. That being said, there are some things that are beyond even my abilities. Turning Link back into a human while he was in Twilight, that's one of them. But at least I could free him from the chains.

In retrospect, my actions probably scared him. I created a ball of energy in my hands, and released it. My aim was perfect- good thing too, otherwise I would have fried the guy who I was trying to get to help me. Not a good foot to get off on.

The ball of energy exploded, and the shards hit the chain around Link's foot... I mean paw... and the chain broke. Link was free. And surprised, too.

"You look kind of surprised," I noted. Then I giggled. Then I decided to use the bargaining tool at hand.

"So, I bet you're wondering, where exactly are we?" Then I went through the bars. This surprised him again. Good, keep him on his toes.

Then I decided to have some fun. "Well, I'll make you a deal. If you can get over here, maybe I'll tell you!" Then I laughed. I motioned for him to come over. Then I yawned. 

I may have mentioned, Link's not the sharpest tool in the shed. And yet, he found his way out of the cell relatively quickly. Link realized that a box in the corner was hiding a hole, and then he simply crawled through the hole. Easy as pie.

When he got through, he couldn't find me. I was hiding on the ceiling. Link looked around frantically, then he turned around. I had dropped onto his back- hey, he was strong enough to give me a ride. I'd gotten him out of his cell, and hovering took energy. I was tired. Seemed like a pretty fair trade to me.

Nevertheless, he got mad. Link twirled around, biting, but unable to reach me. I still found the kindness in me to compliment him on his intelligence.

"Hm, so you're not completely stupid after all!" I patted him on the head, hoping to remind him exactly who got him out of his cell. It worked, he held his temper.

"Listen, I like you. So I think I'll get you out of here." Then I pulled his ear to my face, he needed to hear this. "But in exchange for my help, you have to do EXACTLY as I say!" Link didn't look happy with the deal, but he was willing to deal with it. I told him to give me a sign if he needed me. "So, are we all clear? Good. Now let's get moving!"

Yeah, that took a while. But we were finally free. It was time for Link to figure out where he was, but first... there's someone Link should meet.