More Than a Girl

ShyAnne Martin

I woke up this beautiful Saturday Morning really happy. I showered and got dressed. I logged onto Instagram and posted a picture. 

ShyDenise: 'Blessing yall timeline today.' 

As soon as I posted the picture I received a like from Jaylinn. I clicked onto his page and i saw that he posted the picture we took before we went to the mall yesterday. Before I even looked at the caption, I liked the picture. Then I noticed that I was tagged. I read the caption.

  ThejaylinnA: I'm so in with love this one, all my extras are officially cut off! @ShyDenise

I locked my phone and sprinted across the hall into his room. Not even knocking I just walked in, he was watching TV so I sat on his lap and began to speak.

"Jay do you really love me?"

"I always have mamas, I just didn't wanna hurt you."

"Jay i love you too. I'm just scared. i see how you be doing these other girls."

"I promise you, I would never do you like that. Shy you mean so much to me girl. I would be a fool to hurt you baybeh.  ShyAnne will you be my girlfriend."

"Of course Jaylinn. Just remember your actions speak louder than words. " She hugged me tightly and kissed me.

Jaylinn Adams

"Finally, shit. Now we gotta share it with the world. " she giggled and gave me another kiss. This kiss wasn't like any kiss we've ever shared before. There was a lot of feeling behind it. 

ThejaylinnA: She's my wifey!!! @ShyDenise (Picture above)

After we got dressed, I decided to take her to breakfast with her other best friends.  

Just seeing the smile I put on her face made me the luckiest dude in Louisiana. I would do anything for this girl. Hurting her is the last thing on my mind. I just hope us being together wont affect our friendship in a bad way, only positively.

I had been crushing on Shy since we were little but, I never thought she looked at me like that. Shy is so driven and determined who wouldn't want to snatch her up and make her their girl. A nigga like me would be dumb to pass on somebody as special as her. 

So i locked shorty down and made her mine. All them beautiful dreams she got her head, I'm going to be right here next to her, pushing her to do whatever she puts her mind to. The same way she has always pushed me.

The way she makes me feel is a feeling i would never want to lose. So I'm going to be her number one supporter, no matter what.

--

ShyAnne Martin

We had just gotten back from another long day. 

We decided to watch movies all night since Jay would be leaving to go back up to school tomorrow. 

I grabbed the snacks and blankets and we snuggled on the couch in the living room. He turned on the movie as we got comfortable. 

"Jaylinn I do not want to watch this movie. Why we cant just watch my favorite? " i poked my lip out being dramatic.

"Girl i swear you irritating. " he laughed and pulled me in closer. 

I looked down at him as he laid across my chest watching the movie. I started playing in his hair. 

"Jay, we really doing this? It wont mess up or friendship will it. Ion want to ruin a good thing, we been friends too long. " He grabbed me by my face and pecked my lips. 

"Baby girl, I assure you. regardless of what happens we will always be friends first. That will never change shawty. Now relax, sit back and enjoy this movie before I fall asleep on you. "

--

We ended up falling asleep in the living room that night. We had been talking all night about whatever came to our minds. It was the most we had talked in a while. It made me feel like things would stay the same between us. That's all i wanted. Just because we were dating now wouldn't change the history we have and the new memories we would create. or so I hoped.

Since it was Sunday, we decided to sleep in a little before Jay had to leave out and head back up to Xavier.  This whole weekend Jay had been spoiling me, so I decided to spoil him and my mom and take them out to lunch before he left. 

My mother had been working all week and weekend, something I had been used to since my father left us when I was a little girl. Whenever I could spend time with my mom and spoil her, I would. Even if she did complain the entire time.

After breakfast, we dropped my mom off at home because she had got called into work this evening. It was nearing five o'clock and Jay said he had one more surprise for me before he left. 

We stepped into the doors of the Jewelry store hand in hand as he walked me towards the counter.

"Boy what are we doing here. You have done enough this weekend, its not even my birthday Jaylinn. " I'm not big on people buying big things for me and he knew that.

"Just relax and let me do something nice for you Shy." I just nodded and stood there while he talked to the man at the counter. 

When the man returned, he handed Jaylinn a beautiful heart shaped necklace and his bill. 

Jaylinn turned to me and placed the necklace around my neck and snuck a kiss against my cheek. It was cute and simple. Nothing too flashy.

"I don't want anything in return, I just wanted to do something for you and put a smile on your face, beautiful. Now lets go back to the house, i gotta get on the road, love. " He wrapped his arm around my shoulder and we headed back to the car. 

I don't want him to leave, but I cant be clingy, i gotta keep it normal. So nothing between us changes.