⋅☆-Do I..?-☆⋅

Nickel's POV:

I woke up to Balloon eating his breakfast with a smile on his face. I don't know why I brought it up for him but I did, and he was enjoying it. His eyes opened and he looked up at me.

"Oh uh... Mornin', I guess?" Balloon smiled. It was less happy and more fearful.

"Thanks." I tried to be more scary but couldn't hide my voice's happiness from seeing him smile.

"You seem happy, who are you and what'd ya do wit' Nickel?" Balloon laughed and I held back mine. I managed to roll my eyes and grab my empty plate. "Did ya... Bring this up for me?" Balloon's weird way of talking, how he doesn't say stuff correctly... It used to be annoying, how he wouldn't pronounce the ' g ' in most words ending with ' ing ' or how he says ' 'bout ' instead of ' about '. I gotta live with it now.

"No- I. No, I didn't." I say trying to keep my words steady. He stared at me his eyes confused but also full of gratitude. "Who would bring anything up for you?" I growl.

"well, idk. Few people like me." Balloon took a bite of the waffle on his fork, his tail nub wagging and the string flying trying to catch up. "How'd they know I liked it" He'd ask. I and Paper were the only two who knew that because Balloon didn't like sharing much.

"Must of been Paper." I try to make my voice sound cold.

"Must 'a" Balloon's smile shrunk a bit.

Balloon's POV:

My smile shrunk a little knowing it wasn't Nickel who brought it for me.

"welp," I say finishing the last bite. "I'd gotta bring this down before Paper wonder's 'a where I'd taken it" I chuckle and look over to Nickel who was looking at the carpet. "Ya OK?" I ask and he suddenly jolts up.

"I'm fine. What's it to you." He growled, He seemed more touchy since the Eliminations.

"Oh, uh. You seemed sad so I-"

"I'm fine." He interrupted me with a snap of words and a cold stare. But there... there's that emotion again! I can kinda make it out as either happiness or... or love? Probably happy he scared me. I feel my face heat up the more I look at him so I turn away. I look around for a book and grab it.

"What's that." I heard Nickel say. 

"Nothin'. If ya health ain't ma' concern ain't what I readin' yours's" I shot him a look. He bursts out into laughter.

"What! 'If Ya HeAltH aIn'T mA' cOnCeRn AiN't WhAt I rEaDiN' yOuRs'S'!" He mocks, his eyes tearing up. I clench my jaw biting back an insult. "What are you gonna do? Cry? And you said you changed!" I turn away from him.

"I did. And no I'm not gonna cry." I slightly snap. He stops laughing at me snapping at him.

"Well maybe talk normally-" He was cut off by the door opening, Paper was in the frame.

"Hey, uh. You guys ok?" Paper closed the door behind him. Nickel was starring at him and I saw Paper get fidgety and nervous "Sorry I heard yelling and I wanted to make sure-"

"No, no, no it's ok, Paper" I smiled, Nickel groaned behind me. I shot him a look of ' Be respectful. '

"Mhm." Paper walked over and grabbed the plate. "Wow, never thought Nickel'd do this for ya." he chuckled.

"Nickel? What?" I look over at him, confused. He was staring Paper down with a look that I couldn't read. "Well, 'a thanks but... why?" Nickel turned to me with panicked (A/N: In a lovey way) eyes. 

"I uh. I didn't want to waste food." Nickel looked away his face tinted a pretty rose color. Paper smiled at him with a ' ya sure ' look on his face.

"Sure, if you say so, dear" Paper walked out and Nickel stared him down, he turned to be and his eyes widened then he turned to the window in the opposite direction.

----------------------------------------------------
Author's Note:

So this book will slow down as I need to work on "Eaden AU" so sorry 'bout that-

Anyway

Byeee!

----------------------------------------------------