PSImply a waste of time..

As he approached her house, Kusuo could already hear Teruhashi Kokomi's inner monologue rattling on. It had something to do with wanting a break from her brother's constant company, leaving Kusuo in a rather convenient position. Sure, he wasn't exactly thrilled about having to go out in public with someone of her popularity, but at least this made it easy. Just a quick trip to the cafe and then he can leave, right?

As if she had predicted his arrival, Kokomi swung the door open with a slight smile spread across her face. Her expression briefly contorted into one of surprise at Kusuo's presence on her doorstep, but as always she is quick to return to her previous state.

Running a hand through her hair as though she needed to fix it, she greeted him, "Hey, Saiki! What are you doing here..?"

"Want to go to a cafe?" Kusuo asked. [ That was.. not how I wanted to ask that. Whatever, if it works it works. ]

Kokomi, who's thoughts were rather preoccupied with decoding the implications of the question that had been proposed, gave a short nod and smile as she reached for the boy's hand. If Kusuo hadn't felt a vague sense of obligation towards the girl for purposefully misleading her about his intentions, maybe he wouldn't have let her. Instead he found himself rather disappointed by the fact they were now holding hands in public. [ Did my brother know she'd do this? Is he just trying to embarrass me? That's petty, but I wouldn't put it past him... ] Kusuo ponders, trying to mask his annoyance with a casual indifference instead. He never was good at that though, leaving a very confused Kokomi and a slightly angry crowd. Let's not forget who it is he's walking with, none other than the most beautiful and perfect girl on earth.

It'd be a waste of my time and yours to describe how the day went. Naturally this means that you are missing on a large portion of Kusuo's outing by not hearing it first hand, but truly nothing eventful happened. Coffee, cake, small talk; that's all it was. Kusuke had lied about the whereabouts of the third note - or, rather, clue? - which left Kusuo annoyed, tired, and completely done with whatever nonsense his brother had decided he'd be roping him into. Of course this wouldn't be the case for long, what kind of scavenger hunt would it be if there weren't a few twists throughout? What would Kusuke serve to gain if he didn't toy with his brother at least a little?

That is why, upon arriving home, Kusuo found a third piece of paper resting gently on his pillow.

[ Great, what now? Go run three laps around the city and wear a pink frilly skirt just for the fun of it? ] the boy mocked internally, choosing to shove the letter aside for the time being. He was honestly far too tired to worry about whatever nonsensical task his brother thought he could get away with forcing upon him. [ Maybe it says that I should take a nice long nap.. yeah. That's what it should say. ] he mused with a slight grin. He knew that wasn't what it said, of course, - what kind of stupid task would that be anyways? - but that was neither here nor there. What mattered was that Kusuo's social battery had been more or less spent and he needed to go do something solitary. Staring at the ceiling was a classic, maybe he'd go do that.

The third note sat on his desk. It would not be read today.

—A/N—

I'm just warning you all Im writing this while I'm sick (and crazy) and am not planning to proofread at all. huzzah.