O54

They stared at each other, breathing heavily, until they recovered. Nayeon closed her eyes and smiled contentedly. -Don't tell anyone.- she whispered to her. -Even though my marriage is now over, I don't want anyone to know.

-Don't worry.

Nayeon got off the table and picked up her clothes from the floor. She then headed towards the stairs and disappeared, probably to go to the bathroom. It took Jeongyeon a little longer to recover, then she tried to clean everything quickly and she went back to cleaning her dishes. She hadn't left even a trace of their little secret. When Edward returned it was time for dinner. Declaring himself hungry, he immediately sat down at the table. Jeongyeon went to call Nayeon to eat and the girl for the first time came down to have her second meal of the day.

-Hey darling, how did it go today?-Edward asked when he saw her arrive.

Nayeon smiled awkwardly. -Good, great.- Jeongyeon smiled from behind as she prepared the dishes. -What about you?

-As always. I see you're in a really good mood, it must have done you good to go back to work.

-Yes, that's probably it.

Jeongyeon brought the dishes to the table and avoided eye contact with Nayeon so as not to be discovered immediately. She sat down in front of Edward as usual and ate in silence. The man really wanted to talk that evening and told them about a project he had, which neither of the two girls cared about. Once he finished eating, he went to the bathroom, while Jeongyeon started washing the dishes. Two arms wrapped around her from behind and she smiled spontaneously.

-I want round two.- the other whispered against the back of her neck, making the hairs on it stand on end.

The older one then let go of her and ran upstairs. Jeongyeon felt her heart leap out of her chest and her happiness bubble from every pore of her. However, her moment of enthusiasm was soon cut short.

-Jeongyeon.

The woman turned. -Tell me, Edward.

-Did...A man come by chance today?

-No.

-That smile... I know her well. Only a man could have caused it to her. Or a woman...

"How cheeky...First he doesn't pay attention to her and then he worries if his wife is with someone else" Jeongyeon thought.

-Oh... I don't know what to tell you.

-Okay but if you see anything suspicious, let me know.

-Sure.

Her happiness was soon replaced by worry. Should she have told Nayeon?

***

-Are you crazy!? Of course you have to tell her!- Jihyo shouted at her on the phone.

-No! Don't do it! What if she goes back with that guy and doesn't consider you anymore!? - Tzuyu told her.

-Tzuyu is right... What if she then forgives him and still suffers?

-You don't have to decide for her.- Jihyo told her. -When she comes back you have to tell her.

The girl snorted. She hated that her friend was right. -Yes, I will.

-You disappoint me.- the Taiwanese told her.

-Hear from you later.

-Bye.

She finished making Nayeon and Edward's bed and then went to the bathroom to clean it. She then filled the tub waiting for Nayeon's return. She snorted at the thought that she would never share the tub with her again. Nayeon returned ten minutes later and went up the stairs, finding herself in front of Jeongyeon who was coming down.

-Hey.- Nayeon greeted her with a smile.

-I have to tell you something.- Jeongyeon said.

-Did you regret it?- asked the other, lowering her gaze.

-No! Absolutely not.- Sbe shook his head. -It's about Edward. Yesterday he asked me if anyone had come to the house because from your smile he deduced that you were seeing someone.

-He's not entirely wrong...- she said wrapping her arms around Jeongyeon's neck. -Do you think he's jealous?

-Probably... Even if he has no right to do so.

Nayeon smiled as she looked at the other. -I don't know how to feel... I'm so happy that he is jealous, that he finally considers me, but I've waited so long... I know I shouldn't be happy.

-Just be guided by your heart.

Nayeon pulled away from Jeongyeon and looked at her shoes. -If I tell you something, will you promise me you won't tell anyone?

-Yes.

-When we fired the old maid... I hired a secret investigator. But then I immediately regretted it when Edward had sex with me all night. I later realized that he had only done it to avoid me telling people about it. And so... Three days ago my cousin called him back and now she's following Edward. I will finally find out if she is cheating on me, what is going on in his life...

-And what will you do if you find out that he isn't cheating on you?

-Regardless... He doesn't love me anymore, right? He only has sex with me when he's eager or to avoid me saying things to others. I'm just an object. I will wait until he pays off my father's debt and then I will leave him. I too will use him as he did with me, even if he did worse. And... It's thanks to you if I have the strength to get up again, to have dignity; yesterday... I felt desired again and this gave me the strength to fight, to abandon Edward, because now there is someone else who can satisfy me.- Nayeon lowered her gaze and smiled embarrassed. -Until you find someone, that's clear. I'll let you go when you don't want to anymore. But for now, if that's okay with you, can we continue?

Jeongyeon looked at the girl's necklace.

-Jeongyeon ...- Nayeon grabbed her wrist and looked into her eyes. -We are not welcome here. We won't be anywhere. We are not welcome in this world. We tried.

The girl shook her head, not understanding why she would think of such a thing when Nayeon had just proposed continuing their clandestine relationship.

-Let's continue.

it's 5am again, but at least I slept, I think