𝟎𝟏.

Waking up and seeing that your friends are still asleep through the screen of your laptop was an everyday routine. It had become a part of you to rise ten minutes earlier than them, with Mira promptly awakening at five and Konz sluggishly following a few minutes later.

Gently groaning and stretching your body, you take a moment to gather your thoughts and fully regain consciousness. Finally, you muster the energy to get out of bed. Slightly moving, you wonder how calm the day is, despite yesterday's events. After finishing, you'd switch off all the lights in the bedroom, silently hoping that this day would not fold as a disastrous one.

You hadn't yet gotten around to notice the state of your bed, a cringed expression swept through as you realized that you had forgotten to tidy it up. Oddly enough, despite the lack of your beloved green pom comfort, you managed to drift into a peaceful sleep. With a hint of caution, you walked your way downstairs, half-expecting to encounter a lurking monster, a remaining part of your childhood phase "the light scares the monsters." Even as an adult, you would find yourself hastily dashing to the safety of your bedroom at the slightest unease, still a holdover ingrained from years gone by.

If only you could grow up past it, but your obsession with such genres are not helping.

As you made your way down the staircase, an unusual feeling started creeping over you. Suddenly, a ringing outrage began to overtake your ears, causing you to feel lightheaded and uneasy. This was followed by a throbbing headache that grew more intense with each passing moment. It's uncommon for you to fall ill; you've always been someone who rarely gets sick, even if there was a plague, you'd still manage to survive due to the immense strength of your immune system. The last time you remember having a fever was back when you were just a 5-year-old child. It was quite a strange experience for you, especially after how many years it has been.

   "This is probably nothing." a sigh left your mouth, "Maybe I stood up too fast..." you whisper to nothing, shaking your head slightly to clear your thoughts and the momentary confusion, you continued to proceed walking to the kitchen.

Reaching the kitchen, you had hoped that grabbing a food to eat or a refreshing glass of water would ease your discomfort. The kitchen was of a comfortable size, struck with a perfect balance between spacious and small. The color scheme of beige and white painted the walls, almost half the material of the furniture were crafted from dark oak wood with golden linings. Upon gazing at the clock just above the dining table, positioned against the nearby wall in your front, you observed that it was still relatively early in the morning. Outside, the city was shrouded in the dim light of dawn, signaling the start of a new day and new troubles to pass. You could feel yourself getting drowsy in the stillness of the early morning, prompting you to almost yawn

In your case, filling up a glass with water and sipping it may bring some relief, but unfortunately, the persistent ringing in your ears intensifies, becoming increasingly intrusive and bothersome. It feels as though a piercing, high-pitched noise is covering the entire room, echoing from every direction.

It was silent for a brief moment, before you decided to randomly move erratically, like a rapidly evolving animal.

   "Shit!" You hissed. The lack of comfort increases as you grasp your head, wincing from the throbbing pain, and stagger back a step in a daze, causing the glass you were holding to slip from your hand and crash to the floor, shattering into pieces. Your fingers press tightly against your temples, the pressure so intense that it almost leaves a mark as it digs into your skin.

As you took a deep breath and tried to steady yourself, you couldn't help but to wonder whether or not this had something connected with yesterday's happenings. Perhaps your head had ached due to having overthought too much? Maybe eating breakfast might fix it, hopefully. Because if not, you might just be closer to meeting the grim reaper.