Tea

The whole group had spent a very nice evening on Flower and Fruit Mountain that day, but all nice things need to end at some point. So when the sun fully fell behind the horizon everyone started to head home.

Yet before Macaque fell into one of his shadow portals to hide away just like the sun just did, someone towered over him and spoke.

"Uhm, sorry, mister Maquack?" Sandy got the ebony monkey's attention.

"What is it?" Macaque didn't even bother to correct the bigger dude about pronunciation of his name anymore.

"I know the party has already ended, but would you like to go to my place for a cup of tea?" he smiled warmly and scratched the back of his neck.

"...why?" Six Eared tilted his head to the side, reminding Sandy of how his cats did that sometimes.

"You just seem like you need one." he answered, followed by a little nervous laughter.

Macaque furrowed his brows, thinking how he should interpret this invitation "...alright." he looked to the rest of the group that was heading from the spot as well "This better be good." he murmured following the big guy.

***

It hadn't taken them long to get to Sandy's place, since, without a warning of course, Macaque just shadowportal them to the port. They went in, Mo immediately went to play with the other dozen cats on board. Six Eared looked around, a bit wary of a new place, but Sandy was too focus on making some god quality green tea too notice the distrustful look on Macaqu's face.

"Feel at home, I'll make some tea." he said in a warm, soothing tone.

The ebony monkey walked around the room and decided on the spot on the couch next to two fluffy cats. The moment he sat comfortably, with one elbow on the armrest, a hairless cat jumped on his tights. Macaque raised one brow but decided to pat the cat and let it be.

Soon Sandy joined him holding a trace with two teacups and one teapot, all in cat motif. He poured the tea into the cups and handed one to the ebony monkey.

"So I saw you being a bit off today..." Sandy started.

"Oh, really?" Macaque scoffed sarcastically as he took the cup in his hands.

"Don't look at it as an attack. I am simply worried." he stated with a warm look "Friend of MK is a friend of mine, so I have taken it upon myself to check what's up with that frown of yours." he explained with a soft smile.

"How thoughtful of you." Macaque snarled, looking at the green, aromatic liquid.

"Is it because of mister Monkey King?" Sandy asked as he sipped on the tea, making Six Eared to choke on air.

The ebony monkey looked away, wondering how to answer that, but when he looked at his reflection in the green tea, he sighed with annoyance "It's just... uhhh, he acts like nothing happened." he growled out, another cat jumped onto his lap laid down next to the previous one.

Sandy nodded, listening, waiting for Macaque to continue.

"And I'm mad at him. And at myself. Because I also want things to be like they're used to... but I can't control that anger inside me..." he spatted finally, looking into the tea but not really seeing anything specific.

"Hmm." Sandy hummed, listening "I think Mr Monkey King might feel guilty. He sometimes looks that way at you when you're not looking." Macaque looked at him slightly shocked "And he might feel like he doesn't deserve what you two used to be. It might be hard to take the first step for him as well." he said, and sipped on his tea.

Macaque thought over the heard words and he looked again to his reflection. What the blue guy said made sense... He sipped on the tea in silence. Warm, aromatic liquid slid down his throat making him smile slightly. It was really good.

"Do you think I should make a first step then?" he asked after a moment, placing the cup on the tray.

"Do you think you're ready?" Sandy counter "You shouldn't push it as well, if it's too uncomfortable yet." his tone was warm and soothing "But if the only thing stopping you is anger, I can help you work it out. We could start with meditation, yoga or getting you your own therapy cat." Sandy said excitedly.

Macaque sighed "Well, talking it out is actually quite nice..." he admitted, looking at the cats in his lap, they were truly calming in a way.

"Then we can start meeting for tea more often." Sandy said warmly with a wide smile.

"That actually sounds nice." Macaque smiled lightly and petted the cats in his lap.

***

And so, from that forward, Macaque started to meet with Sandy once a week for tea. The blue demon helped the ebony monkey plan out the talk with his ex and what exactly he wanted to talk about with the rusty monkey.

Macaque also got one cat from Sandy; the one without one eye. He named him Corsair.

''*★☽❍☾★*''

FICTOBER 2023 DAY 20

Prompt for today: "This better be good."

FH:

I am so dead today XD

I was literally running from work to home to write this before midnight XDD

See ya tomorrow!

=)