Chapter Three

I don't know how long I was staring at the tapestry infront of me, but, judging by the crimson sky outside, and the twinkling stars that were starting to appear,  I would say I was starring at it for a few hours at least.
I was sitting upright now, my hair was a curly, matted birds nest attop my head,with no mirror in my immediate vacinity, I resigned myself to my beastly fate of looking like a hobo.  My body was shaky from exhaustion and mel nourishment and the migraine  i woke up with, had yet to fade.
Instead it pulsed a steady pain behind my swollen eyes. Shooting arrows of pain down my neck and through my ears.Maybe crying wasn't the best course of action when one had a  head ache.
I was trying so hard to remember how I got here.
Trying so hard to remember who I was,  and what could have had me end up in what I asumed,  was a coma.
A choked noise clawed its way out of my dry throat. It was something between a laugh and a sob.
Tears were streaming endlessly down my face and I couldnt bring myself to wipe them away.
So I let them fall.
They danced across my feverishly red cheeks and came to a stop at my chin.
I could feel each tear drip down my chin and onto the now wet pillow  I was clutching to my shaking body, I heard each thump as the salty droplet landed on the silky white pillow cover.
I was so alone.
So lost.
So confused.
I was so thirsty, and so hungry I felt my stomache growl and cramp, demanding to be fed.
And yet, I couldnt bring myself to move, to speak...I couldnt bring myself to make a sound.
What if I truly were a captive, wouldnt it be best to let my attackers or what ever you want to call them,  believe I was still asleep?
I knew I was stalling.
I was trying to put off figuring out what happened, even though I know i was going to  find out what happened eventually.
That thought was bitter sweet.
On one hand,
I was afraid that I wouldnt remember the face of the person who I'd set my eyes on first, that I wouldnt be able to remember my life before the darkness at all.
And on the other hand, I was petrified that I will remember them, but that it wouldnt be pleasant memories replaying in my head.
A foreboding feeling was causing my heart to sink into my stomache as I heard the unmistakeble sound of footsteps drawing near.
My heart started beating wildly, and my breaths came in short deafining gasps.
My swollen,  red eyes were glued to the doors, wondering from which one my visitor would enter.
My heart stopped when I saw the second door's handle rattle, and the sound of a key being inserted into the lock caused my lungs to stop working all together.
The seconds ticked by agonisingly slow, it felt like hours before I heard the click of the door's lock as it opened,  when it wasn't even more than ten seconds at most.
With a hoarse creek that put any horror movie to shame,  the door opened slowly.
A dark silhouette stood in the door way and two piercing blue eyes jolted my heart back to life.
"Ah, I see our patient is finally awake..."