Chapter Four

At first glance they were  a  dark blue. Nearly black.
At a closer inspection, they were indingo.
The perfect combination.
A dark whirlpool of blues and purple.
They were the loveliest colour I've ever seen.
His face was handsome, with a chiseled jaw and stern eyebrows.
His nose was slim and pointed, and his lips were pulled into a devilish smirk.
His hair was as black as night and he was tall.
Almost as tall as the door, with broad shoulders and a narrow waist, he was lean.His hands were riddled with scars  and rough like sand paper but    he went about checking my vitals with a gentleness that made my nerves lessen a little but made my heart beat furiously.
I couldnt tear my eyes off of him.
He glanced at me from under thick dark lashes every now and again, his eyes tracing my face curiously.
Gulping, I tried to calm my racing heart as he stood closer, setting down the clipboard he was holding on the side of my bed before looking at me with those unerving eyes.
"How do you feel Lizzie?" He asked softly, his voice was smooth like honey and did wicked things to my already shaky body.
Swallowing, once, twice, I croaked out a, "Thirsty and hot..." before I started coughing uncontrolably.
Chuckling slightly, he leaned over to the bed side table, reaching for the glass of ice cold water that magically appeared out of nowhere.
Smilling crookedly,he handed me the water and waited patiently for me to gulp down the icy fluid,and after taking the glass back from me, he sat down on the other corner of my bed,  watching me silently as I took in a much needed breath. Nodding my head slowly, signaling I'm okay now, I let out an exhale.
"So Liz, what can you remember?" He asked.
Thurrowing my brows, I tried to remember something, anything, but all I can think of is the way his muscles twitched as he moved slightly, pulling off his shiny black shoes before sitting criss cross apple sauce on my bed, his eyes sparkling with excitememt as if he was a little boy waiting for me to tell a fantastic story.
It was an odd, but endearing sight.
But the sad truth is, I cant remember anything.
I cant even remember who I am, or where I come from...
All I know now is that my name was probably Lizzie, and thats about it, and I only know this because hes called me Lizzie twice now.
As my silence dragged on bitterly, the eager look on Mr.Blue's face infront of me started to fade as realisation dawned on him.
I could see the exact moment it all clicked in place in his mind, because a lone tear slid down his now ashen cheek, before he swallowed painfully slow, as if the movement was excrutiating,  as if he was swallowing  minora blades.
A thousand emotions played over his face.
The look of  shock, pain and sorrow, followed by anger, then regret.
They all tugged at my heart.
But the steely determination on his face, the way he squared his shoulders and jutted out his chin in deviance squeezed my heart painfully, causing more tears to well up in my burningly dry eyes.
"Well, then my dear sister, I think its time we refresh your memory then..."
His voice cracked a little at the end, but it made my heart stop beating for  beat or two.Mr Blue eyed hunk was my BROTHER?!
I HAD A
FREAKING BROTHER?!
WHAT?!
WHEN THE FREAKING HELL DID THAT HAPPEN?!
I WAS CHECKING OUT MY BROTHER?!
EWWWW!
WHAT WAS WRONG WITH ME?!
OKAY, CHILLOUT SELF.
YOU DIDN'T KNOW...
HOW COULD YOU HAVE POSSIBLY KNOWN?!
OKAY I PROBABLY DID KNOW BUT I COULDN'T REMEMBER!
OKAY BLAME IT ON THE DRUGS!
Luckily his next statement interrupted my inner monologue. My eyes shot to him at the sound of the glass being slammed down onto the bed side table. Turning, he glared
at the tapestry on the wall, his voice calm as he said, "But firstly, you need some rest, so that you can regain your strenght and memories,  before your bethrothed returns from the war."
My heart started beating furiously as the words swam in my mind.
BETROTHED?!
WAR?!
Turning to look at me with a gentle smile, he started saying something that sounded like a muffled" And we'll all help you-"
I was trying my best to keep my eyes open as the shock set in, all the information proving to be to much,as darkness started pulling me in once again.
A strangled sound escaped my mouth, I don't know if I was trying to grab his attention, or if I was trying to laugh, because, the next moment I was immerced in the cold dark depths once more.