Cassie Forgives

When Knuckles woke up, she opened her eyes and finds herself in a warm guest room, bandages, and on a comfy bed.

She didn't know where she was. Last thing she remembered was getting beaten and falling in the snow.

That's when the door open as to her surprise, it was Cassie.

Cassie said, "Your awake." Knuckles asked as she felt chills still, "C-Cassie?"

Cassie answered as she gave her a bowl of soup, "In the flesh. Look my Dad will check on you shortly. I'll tell him your awake. He wants to talk to you shortly."

Knuckles then looks down on the soup and said, "Cass? I know you hate me for abandoning you and I don't blame you for your mothers death either. I mean, I didn't really know what you wanted. Your mother was somewhere I couldn't see her. I..."

She trailed off as she shook in guilt. Cassie looks down as Knuckles said to her, "I know you think of me as a terrible father and I'll never blame you for it. I realized I didn't just want So-Maurice's forgiveness. I wanted yours as well. I want you to know..."

Cassie interrupted her and said, "Don't speak another word. Look I don't think badly and I never wish this on you. No amount of ill-thinking will do any good at all. But look, I'll be willing to forgive you. Not just cause your sort of family but if I don't forgive, I will truly regret it."

Knuckles asked in tears, "You forgive me? After I was so cruel to you and Maurice? Why?"

Cassie answered, "Because if I don't I'll regret it."

She then hugged Cassie and said in tears, "I'm so sorry.. I'm so sorry Cassie."

She was a little surprise about the hug before she then sighed and said, "I told you already I forgive you."

Then the two broke the hug and said, "I better get going. Janice possibly needs help with the remaining cookies."

She then walked out as Knuckles took a spoonful of soup as she said to herself, "You really raised her well Shade. I just wish I knew where..."

She trailed off as she hears the door opened again. To her surprise it was Sonic 'who said hello to him'.

Knuckles looked down and said sadly, "Oh, hi."

The talk between them will be for the faint of heart as soon as Knuckles finishes her soup.