Heaven on Earth

Falling...

I'm falling aren't I?..

It feels nice.

This 13 story building had amazing architecture.

This air flowing from beneath me.

It's cold, I'm reaching the land of dead.

Its been a hell of a ride, I hope heaven is next.

I can already hear the whispers of angels, beauty.

.. Wake up...

Your eyes shot open as you breathe heavily. You could recognize the white ceiling despite the blurry vision.

You took some time to adjust your eyes and then you turn to look around. Hospital room.

Mom? Your mother sat in a chair her head hanging as she slept. Her hair is different.. Something is just off about it. But you couldnt pinpoint what.

Your mother has long blonde hair and greyish eyes, she wasn't that old but it seems that her wrinkles started showing a little, probably from worry.

After all, you did attempt to kill yourself and failed. You've just survived a drop from a 13 story building, miracles do happen.

You look to the right and see the medical things you don't really know the names of, but outside through the window you see pretty nature, there were also cherry blossoms.

You never knew you had cherry blossoms in the towns hospital. It was awfully quiet for some reason. You sat up and you noticed the sturdiness of the bed as it didn't make a single noise.

You whip your legs off the bed and put them on the cold hard floor. You took a second and watched the pretty blue sky and the cherry blossom swaying in the soft wind, a magnificent view.

You might have been mesmerized by the view so much that you haven't even heard when your mother got up and sat down on your bed.

You only noticed her when you suddenly felt someone hug you from behind. You turn around, the soul leaving your eyes as you look up at your mother. She was crying and sobbing.

Her lips were moving but you didn't hear a single word she said. Her sobs were silent and her breaths were not audiable either. And when everything finally clicked.

You asked her one thing, even though you couldn't hear yourself, but you knew you said it.

"Mom. Am I deaf?"

You asked her.

She stopped for a second with so much guilt built up on her face and she just broke. She nodded while biting her lip then tears started streaming more and more from her eyes.

'Oh... Makes sense.' You thought almost emotionlessly. It was painful for a split second when you fell from that building, and you felt like you could do it again as it wasn't that scary.

They're probably going to be on high alert now tho. Your mom hugs you tightly and you could feel every sob she made. Later she wiped her tears and called a doctor in.

The doctor walked inside the room, you could see your mother pointing to herself then to the floor. You immediately knew it meant that she will wait until he is done.

You couldn't help but notice that the doctor is Asian which is a very rare sight in your town so you probably were in the capital city of your country, or so you thought.

He took a look at your medical documents and saw everything you had a problem with after your attempt and then got to examining you.

Forgot to mention that he also brought in a white board or something and set it down your bed.