Chapter 6 Terry

After that day, I couldn’t forget Terry. I can’t. 

It’s been a week, and I haven’t seen him since. I missed him and his goofy grin. I smiled.

I missed that one time when I actually laughed for real. 

I missed the warmth of his hand when I held it. It was so welcoming and friendly. I felt so happy every time I thought of it. 

I went up to my rooftop again. Mom and Dad were out as usual, busy with work. Emma was sleeping, since she was sick and had to bunk school today.

I opened the door and I sat on the floor. I felt so thankful that my rooftop was flat. I giggled as I imagined Terry climbing on random rooftops. 

I looked around eagerly, trying to spot him. I waited for an hour. 

He didn’t appear. My heart sank and I quietly went downstairs, trying not to wake up the monster emma. I picked up my book and walked outside the house and I sat in the veranda, reading it. 

I couldn’t stop thinking about Terry. I missed him a lot, and I wish he would come and add some fun in my boring life. 

I read on, for about half an hour. It was six fifteen. I think I better go inside. I got up to go, when suddenly someone whispered my name. 

“Nina!” The person whispered again. 

I looked around me frantically. No one. what the heck?

“Up!” another whisper followed. I looked up and immediately saw Terry on Mrs. Kennedy’s house. I grinned and waved at him. He had his hair curly and messed up as like before. He wore an oversized blue shirt and shorts. 

“hi Terry!”

He grinned back. “Come up!” he called me, gesturing me to join him. I shook my head. 

“uh... I can’t! How do I come?” I said. 

He thought for a while. 

Then suddenly, he jumped from the slanting rooftop and landed on a window ledge, that was in the middle of the house. He grabbed the creeper and with the help of window ledges he came down like a monkey.

I wasn’t as scared as last time, because I knew he had SOME support. It was marvellous, on how he was so agile and exactly like a monkey. I wished I could do it too.

He jumped from the lowest window ledge and landed on Mrs. Kennedy’s perfect grass in her garden. He ran from the house and came into mine. I grinned. 

“Hi!” I squeaked. I was so happy, that he came. 

He grinned as well. “Hey!” 

He laughed. “Mrs. Kennedy hates me!” he told me. I looked at Mrs. Kennedy’s house curiously. 

“but why?” I asked him. He laughed. 

“2 years ago, I was the newspaper boy, to earn some pocket money, and well, I used to always throw the newspaper on her rosebush and so she hates me for doing that. Mr. Kennedy didn’t really care, and so I still got my money.” he said. 

I giggled. “I can imagine her face.” I told him. Mrs. Kennedy was an old women, but had a bad temper all the time. She was too prim and proper, and thought herself better than anyone else. So I guess, we’re all imperfection for her. 

“So, don’t you want to do something?” He asked me suddenly. I blinked. 

“huh? uh...I mean.. what do you mean?” I said stupidly.