Chapter 5 The unexpected visitor

Sorry for the short chapter. Please comment and vote! 

-------------

I ran up and opened the door. I looked at the blue sky and the white fluffy clouds and the green trees. I sat on a floor in a corner on the rooftop and a tear fell from my eye. I sniffed, trying to hold the rest back. 

I head hurt I cried hard. It was quiet now, since mom, dad and Emma have left now.  

I hated her. I hated my life. I hate everything.

I cried harder and then I slowly stopped. I lay down on the floor and looked at the clouds and the sky. 

I stared at it for some time and then I slept off. 

Faces flashed before me. Dad, Mom. Emma. Martha. Elle. Olivia. Collin. I missed my old life. I missed the times when I could smile without someone stopping me. When I could laugh freely and as everyone joined me. 

I missed the time when I was loved, because it sure feels I’m not loved anymore now. Collin is forgotten. He’s like a person from my previous life. I didn’t have feelings for him. I didn’t miss him. I just didn’t know what to think when he popped in my head. I feel like i-

Suddenly I felt someone touch me on my arm. My eyes shot open.

I stared into a pair of brown eyes. I got up and looked at a boy who was in front of me staring. I blinked. He had black hair and was tanned a bit. He looked like he came from the beach or something. He looked around 13 or 14. He stood up. He was a bit taller than me. 

I blinked again. 

“w-who are you?” I asked nervously. Who was he? Why was he here?

I got up, standing in front of him. 

“Terry. My name is Terry.” He told me. 

“B-but, why are you here?” I asked confused. 

He looked down and then looked back at me. 

“ If you want me to go, I’ll go.” He told me. He went to the edge of the rooftop and he held a thick branch of a tree. 

“Wait.. uh, terry?” I asked him. 

“Yeah, I’m Terry.” He said confused. 

“I didn’t say I want you to go.” I blurted out. 

He raised his eyebrows. He smiled at me. 

He let go of the tree and came closer. I walked closer to him too. 

“I just wanted to know what you were doing here.” I told him. I was still confused. But I just liked him already. 

“I just spotted someone you was like me.” He told me. 

“What do you mean?” I asked him.

“Don’t you sometimes feel like life is unfair. And everyone is against you. And everything becomes worse each day.” he said. 

He saw my confused look. He smiled. “You were talking out loud.”

Oh. Oh....

I looked away. I gave a small nod and I looked back into his brown eyes. 

“Yeah.” I said in a soft voice. 

“But.. how did you come here... and why are you-”

“Being on the rooftop helps sometimes. I go on all the house’s rooftops. The flat one’s I mean. It’s what I do.. It’s being higher than the rest of the people. I can’t walk on street. Everyone else is down there. I always walk on your rooftop too. I go miles on the rooftops of different houses. It’s my road.”

I didn’t ask him why he couldn’t walk on the road. I just didn’t.

“You’ve come here before?” I asked him surprised. 

“Yeah, I actually have.” he told me. He grinned. 

“But, I never saw you!” I asked him still trying to believe that there was a weird boy who has always walked on my rooftop without me seeing it. 

“Well, I have nothing to saw about that.” He replied. “You were there today. I watched you for a long time, and I jumped at the opportunity when you fell asleep. I had to pass through your rooftop. And when I did, I just had to know more about you.”

I felt a bit creeped out. He was a bit weird. He seemed so independent and very interesting. I kind of liked him. 

I smiled at him. He smiled back. 

“oh well. I must go now” he said abruptly. 

I blinked. “yeah.” 

He made his way to the edge of the rooftop and stood at the very tip. 

“Careful, you’ll fall!” I warned him. 

He looked back at me, and smirked. 

“trust me, that’s the last thing that’s going to happen.” He said. 

He was about to jump to Mr. Robinson’s roof top, when he suddenly slipped. 

I screamed as I saw him suddenly disappear from my view. I ran towards where he stood and I looked down at him. 

“Terry! Ohmygod! are you alright!!!” I asked him in a squeaky voice. My heart was thumping fast and I was really beginning to think this is a dream. 

He was hanging on the tip of the roof, where he had stood and he pulled himself up. 

I grabbed his hand and helped him come up. It felt warm and happy and I didn’t let go until he was safely up. finally I let go and He looked at me sheepishly. I laughed recovering from the sudden shock. 

“I-I better, I better go now.” He told me. I got up with him and he attempted the 8 feet jump. 

“Don’t fall this time!” I laughed. 

He grinned. “Not a chance.” He got ready to jump. Suddenly I grabbed his hand. He looked at me. 

“uh.. terry, coming around here some time?” I asked. I would love to see him again. He was the only interesting person I’ve known. I liked him a lot too. I laughed. 

He grinned. “I wouldn’t mind” he replied. I grinned. 

“Neither would I.” I said. 

He laughed. “Well, I never got to know your name.” 

“Nina. It’s Nina.” I told him. 

“Nina, that’s a pretty name.” I smiled. 

“Well, bye Nina.” 

“bye Terry” 

I let go of his hand and he jumped gracefully to Mr. Robinson’s roof top, making me feel like he was from a circus or something. He waved to me and I waved back. I watched him until he disappeared from my sight. I went to my previous place on the rooftop. I sighed. 

That was an unexpected visitor.