17-Kida

I stared at Nowaki's door. Hesitant to knock, I stood there, trying to muster the courage to just do it. On the other side I knew Nowkai, and all of his amazing personality and kindness, was sitting there. What about the rest of his family, though? Would his Mom be kind? Had Nowaki told his Mom about us?

Us...

Was there an us? Were we even something? The only thing I knew was that I had been kissed by him...more than once. That didn't mean we were together, though. Sure, he was the one who kissed me, but that didn't mean he saw it that way. It very well could have been an experiment. Maybe he wasn't sure whether he liked girls or guys and was trying to find out.

No. Now was not the time to think bad thoughts. I looked down at my phone. I had been standing there for 7 minutes, just deciding whether or not I was even going to go inside. Slowly, I raised my hand to the door and I knocked softly two times. I dropped my hand and waited, feeling my palms beginning to sweat.

It had been less than a minute I was waiting, and I started feeling a little queasy. The thoughts were coming back, and my anxiety began to rocket. I should probably just leave. This hadn't been such a good idea after all. Just as I moved my foot to turn around, the door opened.

Nowaki stood in the doorway, a smile was plastered on his face. His cheeks, for some reason, were tinted a light pink. It was a bit strange seeing him blush, even if it was only a little. I couldn't help but smile at him.

"Hi." I breathed as he stared at me.

"Hey." He opened the door wider. "Come on in." He sounded polite and calm, yet something gave me the feeling he was a little nervous. It made me feel nervous too. I stepped inside and looked around. His house was beautiful.

It was carefully decorated with various paintings, modern furniture, and colors that complemented each other. The atmosphere was calm and made me feel much more relaxed than I had felt standing outside a moment ago. In the entrance, a lady was standing patiently. She was very pretty, and had a bright smile that showed no signs of fake cheerfulness. She looked at me for a second, then spoke.

"You must be Kida." Her tone was calm and kind. I nodded and she walked forward and hugged me. I was a bit surprised at first, but then returned the hug. She pulled away and said, "I'm Nowaki's Mom, Julie. Its nice to meet you."

"It's nice to meet you too..." I responded quietly. She smiled at us and then turned to Nowaki.

"Well, you can show him around the house or do whatever it is you guys want to do." She turned to me next. "If you need anything, you can ask me, alright? Otherwise, just help yourself." We nodded and she turned and headed back into what I assumed to be the kitchen. Nowaki turned and faced me.

"Well...do you want to put your stuff in my room?" He asked me. I nodded and he motioned for me to follow. I obeyed and we headed upstairs and turned left at the top. There was a door in front of us almost immediately. Nowaki opened it and I was met by something a bit unexpected.

Nowaki's room was a combination of various shades of blues and a lot of white. The walls were white, and his bed was in the center of the wall across from us. It was neatly made with a blue bedspread, and four pillows. Two were blue, and two were white. One painting hung over his bead and two lights we're on either side. There was also a light hanging from the ceiling in the center and a dresser along the same wall as the door on the left as we walked in. To the right was a desk, which was neatly organized.

"It's all so...calm." I said as I set my things down. Nowaki nodded.

"Yeah...I would put posters up, but Mom lets her patients sleep in here sometimes and she wants it to be simple and peaceful." He explained.

"Patients? What does your Mom do?" I asked. What he said next made me slightly uneasy, but I didn't say anything.

"She's a therapist and psychiatrist." That explained the atmosphere. He smiled at me. "Do you want to go back downstairs?" He asked me. I shrugged in response.

"I don't really mind where we go." As long as I got to go with him, it didn't matter to me.