Chapter 3: Unravel

She grabbed the girl's hair and started to throw a punch. I looked at everyone and no one was doing anything. They knew but cared nothing, fearing they would be the next toy. 

But, she, was enthusiastically watching from afar.

~

"Who's detective Jeon Minso here?" I asked. A man, maybe in his 30's was walking directly at me. He was tall, and good looking. He wore a denim jacket and with his police ID.

"You... are you in charge of Kim Sora's case?" I said.

"Why is the students of Daewol High school so rude?" Sergeant Gu complained.

"Yes, that's me. I'm Detective Jeon Minso. Nice to meet you." He handed me a card that has his name on it with his number and the station.

I took a big breath and talked. "My name is Kwon Dami and I'm Kim Sora's friend. I want to help your investigation."

"What?" Sergeant Gu was shocked. "Okay kid, this is a private investigation. No kids allowed." He dragged me throughout the station. I tried to explain but he pushed me again and shut the door in front of me.

"Weren't you too harsh to the kid." Minso said.

"Why? Are we just going to let a kid lurking around the investigation."

~

I sigh and walked while looking down. The skies began to darken as the time passes by. The whole class was suspended due to the incident so I have to get home. I took the bus and waited until the bus stops at the 3rd stop, I went down and walked to my house.

I saw a cat as I walk by, it was still  kitten. It was cute. So I went to a convenient store near by and bought a canned of tuna, I opened it and fed it to the kitten as I pat it. The kitten was probably left by her mother.

Suddenly someone kicked the canned of tuna. "Fuck! You shouldn't feed a cat in this neighborhood!" A guy said. He as many tattoos and wore a colorful Hawaiian polo shirt with his ripped jeans. He had a 2 piercing on his left side of his ear. In short he's a thug.

"Hey! What's your problem?" I nearly yelled but I held it back.

"The cats are fucking noisy here in the night I can't even sleep! If you keep feeding cats here it would be noisy at night, you understand you brat!" He walked away throwing his cigarette on the ground. I looked back and the cat was gone, it ran away.

I left after that.

"Breaking news. Early this morning, a body of a high school girl was discovered at Daewol High School at Baekryeonsa Street. The victim has been identified as a 17 year old girl named Kim Sora who has been reported missing last month and suddenly appeared dead at her classroom. The school is currently suspended for the investigation. The police are asking to avoid the area..."

I heard it on a radio of the small office for the guard from the apartment complex where I lived in. "Gosh, people these days are brutal." An mid old lady said. She's the landlord. She noticed me walked by. "Hey, Dami!" I turned around. "Aren't you from Daewol High school?" 

"Yes."
"Did you hear the news about your school?"

"I already know about it."

"You should be careful nowadays since you live alone. How is your mother, is she doing fine?"

I forgot to visit her at the hospital. "She's fine at the hospital."

"Well that's good, you should go home now. It's getting dark."

I bowed and made my way. The apartment has 4 floors and all of them has the same sizes and same rooms and the elevator is always well maintained. All of it are well maintained and clean, but why am I using the stairs again? Oh right, it is to strengthen my claves. I usually do this often times. I needed to strengthen it to run faster for the school competition. 

I finally made it. I entered the password on the door. Beep Beep Beep. And entered.

The room was filled with old books, all that has forgotten. My mother owned a used book store at our old house, however due to our shortage we sold the building. But I didn't sell the books because I was too attached to it. We moved here since Granny showed up on our lives. There are also pictures of us when I won a competition.

But after that incident, it wasn't the way that it was before.