Chapter 10 - One of the Living

Disclaimer: The show Victorious, the movie and novel the Poseidon Adventure, their characters and other associated copyrights are property of someone else and not me.

The Morning After

Chapter 10 – One of the Living

No One's POV

Quote – "Do you know who I was? Nobody. Except on the day after, I was still alive. This nobody had a chance to be somebody."

Tina Turner from the movie, Mad Max – Beyond Thunderdome.

Tori for a moment felt like she was floating.

But as her senses sharpened, she knew she was not. But still she felt warm and was lying on something soft.

"A cloud?" Thought Tori.

"I'm in bed?"

A female voice was suddenly heard, but it sounded a bit distant."

"Sera Docteur Roux, se il vous plaît rapport à la radiologie."

"Huh?"

Tori opened her eyes and the first thing she could see was light and then bright colors scattered about. Her eyes focused a bit more and Tori could see they were flowers. She counted no less than 15 different bouquets of flowers in sight.

Tori realized that she was in a bed in a room and there were lots of flowers in it. Looking down she could see her left arm was in a cast. Her opposite arm had an IV running into it.

"About time you woke, up sis. They say I sleep all the time." Came an all too familiar and very welcome voice.

Looking to her side, Tori felt a rush of emotion when, she could see her sister Trina sitting next to the bed.

"Trina!" Tori exclaimed rather excitedly.

Trina leaned over and gave her sister a careful hug. "It's good to see you too, but lie still."

"Where am I?" Was Tori's first question.

"Toulon, France, You're in a hospital at the naval base there. You're safe." Said Trina with a smile " You gave us all a bit of a scare."

"Scare? The last thing I remember was getting in the helicopter and seeing Ryan Prescott."

"Yes, you lapsed into a coma right after you took off. Just in time too, the ship sank right after that."

"JADE! Where's Jade, Where's Daddy?"

"Calm down. Everyone is fine." Trina then pulled her phone out and began to dial. "If I don't call her right away, Jade will have kittens. Just hold on."

Trina waited and after a moment Tori could distantly hear Jade's voice on the other side.

"Trina?"

"Jade, your girl's awake."

"I'll be right there." Yelled Jade, before hanging up.

"Tori, she's been a total basket case since you fell into your coma. Been going nuts for days. I'm about ready to slap her."

A surprised look came to Tori's face. "Days?"

"You were evacuated from the Poseidon, 6 days ago. Let me fill you in. The chopper took you, dad and the rest, to the French Aircraft Carrier, Charles De Gaulle. It was about 40 miles away. There you were taken right into surgery. I hate to say it, you didn't just have a concussion, you had a minor skull fracture. Pressure had started to build up on your brain. You got into surgery just in time. The doctor said another hour or so, you would have died. They relieved the pressure and as soon as they could they flew you here. You got here about 3 days ago."