Chapter Three

Jack J.

I couldn't sleep last night because I was so anxious for today.

I woke up at 6:00 a.m. this morning to get ready and it literally took me an hour to find an outfit that I thought would look appropriate for what I was doing.

I mean it couldn't be too flashy, not that I had many clothes that were, but it also couldn't be too dressed down either.

I finally decided on just a black shirt with blue jeans that were kind of fitted on my legs and my black vans.

It was good enough right?

I mentally nodded smiling in the mirror as I did my hair into my little quiff I usually did with my hair.

When I was done and out of the bathroom it was 7:47 and it would take me around 20 minutes to get there if the traffic isn't bad so I needed to go soon.

I walked into the small living room to see Aunt Maxine dressed waiting for me.

She turned her head to me and spoke, "I was wondering when you were going to come out of there. You barely let me in to take a shower 30 minutes ago as if you forgot there was only one shower and I still got done before you."

"Well sorry, I'm just really nervous and anxious all at the same time." I replied feeling my stomach churning.

"What are you nervous for? Trust me Jack you will do fine." She said giving me a reassuring smile.

"I guess, but we need to go now. Did you bring Olivia to Mrs. Brown's already?" I asked.

"Yep, I did that 10 minutes ago while you were still in the bathroom trying to fix that little ass quiff you always do for the millionth time. Now let's go. You don't want to be late do you?"

"No, let's go." I replied taking a deep breath following her to the door feeling the butterflies that were already in my stomach become more aggressive.

***

When we pulled up to the house it was beautiful. The house was unbelievable big. The biggest house I've ever seen in my life.

I didn't even know it was possible to have such luxuries as beautiful as this. Growing up and even now I had never seen anything as extravagant as this in real life.

It wasn't even the house that was just gorgeous, but it was the landscaping too. I've always loved flowers and gardens so seeing this made me fall in love with the house even more. The scenery was absolutely stunning.

If only there were more people who would get to live like this. I didn't know anyone would be so blessed.

Then, again this fucking churning feeling in my stomach wouldn't go away so it took away from me staring at this place in admiration and made me nervous all over again.

"So, are you going to get out of my car and go in or you going to look at the house for another 5 minutes?" Aunt Maxine asked breaking the silence.

"I don't know. Maybe I shouldn't do this. I mean-"

"Shut the fuck up Jack. I brought your ass all the way over here when my job is literally 5 minutes away. So your going to take your skinny ass out my car and I'm going to go to work." She said turning to me. "Oh and you got this." She gave me a thumbs up smiling.

I rolled my eyes knowing she didn't really care if I had this or not because it was already 8:23 and she had to be at work by 9:00. It took us about 30 minutes to get there because of how bad the traffic was.

"Well damn, I know you love me." I said opening the door slowly.

"Oh shut up Jacky. You know I love you with everything in me and I do mean it when I say your going to do great but the first step to doing great is getting the hell out of my car... you know so you won't be late." She said smiling.