19 #;& something wicked this way comes.

#;& 3RD POV.

agent 1 felt uneasy around Reef. she saw the way that Reef would glare at not only cap'n, but Y/N with such.. hatred.

agent 1 had tried her best to keep Reef away from the two, but Reef would always find a way back to Y/N. agent 1 had tried time and time again to 'position' Reef somewhere that was far away from Y/N, hell, agent 1 had even positioned Reef away on an entirely different island once. agent 1 felt a sense of unease around Reef, especially because it seems that agent 1 was the only one who could see behind Reefs painfully fake persona. agent 1 had advised that cap'n and Y/N avoid her as much as possible, more so being alone with the strange octoling.

agent 2 had noticed too, but moreover was suspicious of the octoling because of how she was found in an abandoned building with no other signs of life in it. agent 2 made it clear she didn't trust the octoling because of her unknown orgins, not because of the way she behaved in general.

agent 1 was snapped out of her thoughts by her cousin, agent 2. and.. Reef.

"Agent 1," agent 2 started, gesturing with her head towards the octoling. "Reef wishes to speak with you." she said quietly, making an almost unnoticeable glare towards the octoling in question.

agent 1 felt a pang of dread rush through her. what did she want? did it regard Y/N?

thinking quickly, she spoke, her words subtly laced with unease. "Uh.. yeah. That sounds great.. where did you wanna talk to me?" agent 1 smiled awkwardly.

"Over here." without asking, Reef grabbed agent 2 by the wrist. her grip was cold and tight, her pointed fingers digging into her skin. agent 1 winced, but followed Reefs lead. Reef dragged her behind one of the old storage containments, finally letting go of her wrist and turning to face her.

"So what did you want to-" agent 1 was cut off, her words dying in her throat as Reefs face contorted into one of pure disdain. Her upbeat persona was shoved away, her eyes dark and cold.

"Stay out of my way." was all that Reef said. "I know what you're doing. Stand down, or I'll be forced to make you stand down." Reef spoke with a snarl to her voice. "Are we clear?"

"I-" agent 1 was cut off. "Good. Not a word about this to any- Oh, hi Y/N!" and just like that, Reef's personality did a major flip. she was instantly all smiles, and she walked off to go greet Y/N.

not without one more glare towards agent 1 over her shoulder.

#;& FIN.