to dance with you

A/N: ok yeah i miss her what you gonna do about it 😭😭😭😭😭😭

⋆。˚ ☁︎ ˚。⋆。˚☽˚。⋆

i see you, and your pale arms bask under the moon's light. she is full. not nightly, but this certain night, she glows for just us two. the curtains are pulled open. tied apart with delicate, pink ribbon. i think it cruel, to push them away with that method. just know, if we were that same silk fabric, i'd let loose from the knot. or maybe, i'd shed a string of me, hoping it'll touch you.

a mellow scent lingers to me tight, but it does not hang high. it dips right under my nose, envelops me in a thick hug. it is saturday, and you look dazzling. that is for every day, however, because my eyes stick to you like glue. in whatever way you are dressed and done. hair up or down, glasses or not, clothes loose or tight. and now, you are dressed only in a loose-fitting, gray blue t-shirt with gray sweatpants.

your hair is down, as well. messy, shaggy, and uncombed. still, i could not love you more. it falls amongst your shoulders. i have my face tucked into your neck, arms propped up your shoulders. "i told the moon about you," i confess. the star-pricked sky seems to sway with us. you are to be as the wind, the gentle breeze on days much too warm without.

the music is not loud, neither so quiet. it is perfect and softly instrumental for your gentle ears. the ones which i tuck your auburn strands behind as i pull my head from your neck. behind you, the analogue clock reads 12 am, and i am scared this is only a dream. it feels well like it. but it is never too late to spend my time slow dancing with my dearest. i look into your eyes so lovingly, a pinkish heart-filled haze over mine.

neither of us are too good at this at midnight. i seem to be better, though, and i giggle when i distract you enough to step slightly again on my foot. it will never hurt. the night is far too unreal and i am far too in love to feel anything but your touch.