Chapter 10

Me, Linkette, Beth, and Luda reappeared at Eldin spring where Saria was passing and upon seeing us joined us as we heard a voice.

"Heroic heroes," it said. "North of here, across the plain, and past the great stone bridge, in the lands guarded by the Spirit Lanayru... you shall find one who you seek."

With that the voice disappeared.

"Luna," Colin said from behind me, "Ilia, you've got to save Ilia! Those monsters left me with the other kids, but they must have taken her somewhere else! Whenever I couldn't go on. I would think of you and Ilia and hold on Luna... see? I... I'm fine now. Remember what I told you back in Ordon Luna? So you don't have to worry about me anymore. Go help Ilia!"

"Leave the children to me. I will watch over them, I swear it. Do not let their fates trouble you. Go to those who need you three. In Hyrule, countless tales are told of the ancient hero... and the deeds of you three, bring them all to mind. May the Grace of the great goddesses who shaped Hyrule bear you on your way." He said bowing to us before turning to Beth and Luda. "As for you two, why did you return with them?"

This caused Beth and Luda to wince before explaining.

"I see I will have to take an extra good eye on the two of you," Renado sighed. "That was extremely dangerous. Eldin said they could handle things without the iron boots. What if you failed to make it up to them. No one would have known what happened to you, and they wouldn't have the delivery."

"We're sorry!" they said.

"You two will be punished for this," Renado sighed. "You need to learn, the two of you rebuilding the storage building so Barnes can store his bombs there will be a good start. But that will be tomorrow. Right now the two of you need a bath. You are covered in soot, and what I hope is mud."

I hoped so too, but considering the smell I was not holding out hope. Turning to Saria as Renado led the two of them to take a bath we asked her what she had found. It turns out that in addition to Epona, she had also found 4 golden bugs, and lots of rupees. We then used those Rupees to buy a Bomb bag from Barnes, and a Hawk Eye from the new Malo Mart, which was lucky that despite his age even though he doesn't trust us, Malo is a professional shop keeper, and would not stop us from shopping, or charge us more then other customers.

We then headed out of Kakariko towards Lanaryu province where we found two golden grasshoppers in the field, and 2 golden phasmids around the bridge. Past the bridge we destroyed boulders, and immediately afterwards a corrupted Twilight Portal appeared, teleported away part of the bridge we had just passed, and dropped off 3 Shadow Beasts. Luckily Linkette shrunk them down, and crushed them in her hands at the same time.

"Where did they send the bridge?" Saria asked.

"I don't know, but we'll have to find it later," I said, getting nods as we headed further up to the entrance of the Twilight covering Lanaryu Province, where Midna popped out.

"Ah we're finally here," she said, "there's only one Fused Shadow left... so this is the last of the Twilight you'll see I guess. Whether or not you accomplish your final task and survive is up to you. Eee Hee! So what will you do? Want me to let you into Twilight? Remember... the three of you are the only ones that can come in. Navi, and Ember will have to stay here."

"What... why?" Navi said, only for Ember to smack her

"Because unlike them, we're not protected from the Twilight," Ember reminded her.

"Oh right," Navi sighed, "Castle Town is covered in this section of Twilight. After it is clear we'll meet you at the East entrance of the town, since it is the closest to where we are now."

"Got it!" we agreed before Midna pulled us into the Twilight.