October: 27. Nightmares

He woke up in James bed, shivering. The image of his mother, her wand pointed to his chest still fresh in his mind.
He looked around, you're in James' bed. In his house. In his arms. You're safe. Despite the fact that he was with James, safe and sound, the image of his mother lingered.
He got out of James' bed, his arms, and walked downstairs-- unsure what he was going towards.
"Padfoot?" James called, entering the dining room. Sirius stared at him but didn't answer. I'm safe. No one's going to hurt me.
"Come here, mate," James called, spreading his arms out in an invitation. He knew, read his mind, as always.
"You are a seer, James. Or a legillimens," Sirius said. "Where are we going?" The night air hit his face, he knew James was smiling, though he could not see his face.
"Somewhere. I am not a legillimens, Sirius. You know that," He said.
"Somewhere? Jamie, teelll me!!" He whined. When that didn't work, he pouted. "Please!!!"
James closed his eyes in response. They walked in silence for what seemed like hours, though realistically would have been a 20 minutes.
"You've been distant recently," James said.
"Been busy.. s'pose," Sirius said.
"Thinking about people who don't deserve you," He paused. "You look different when you think of them. You're look these days are of... well,"
"You're over reacting mate," Sirius interrupted. Because of course James was right, he'd been thinking of something, of someone else. He'd been thinking if something that he'd over heard. He'd been thinking of James-- but James didn't need to know that.