November (2023): 13. Special

"Jamie!"
"Yes, sweatheart," Jamie came down the stairs, the gold dress making him shine. She had Jasmine flowers in her hair-- he wasn't sure if it was a tribute to his mother or if it was because of how wonderfully it went with her outfit.
"I thought I was the star?" He asked, looking at the beautiful girl in front of him.
"You are," She replied, looking him up and down. "And you look wonderful. The silver really makes your eyes shine," Sirius was wearing a silver tuxedo on top of his white shirt, and black shoes and trousers with them.
"Come on," He offered his hand, which she took. "The birthday girl can't be late,"

They were the last to arrive; something that didn't make Jamie to happy-- she preferred to be early. Dinner went wonderfully, Sirius was surprised to see that The Riddles weren't there; but he wasn't complaining. Euphemia and Fleamont had given him their blessing and that was all that mattered. He also found Mr and Mrs Rose, the parents of Jasmine-- who clearly knew what was coming, and had no problem with it.
"They invited him," Regulus informed him. "Sirius Blacks is proposing today, to your daughter. Apparently, he was furious that Jamie's aunt and uncle were asked instead. When they mentioned that he refused to even see Jamie, who was coming with you-- and that you were planning to ask then he said something along the lines of 'Since my wife's family is so much more important I don't see why I should go'. Some father,"
"I know. I don't think Jamie would want to hear that," Sirius mused.
"Imagine, Sirius. She refuses," Bellatrix cam out from behind Regulus.
"She would not. You can see the love on her face. Speaking of, it's time!" Narcissa spoke, clearly excited.

It was absolutely quiet. Jamie's was confused when she saw him take a box from Andromeada. "Another gift?" She asked.
Sirius took a deep breath. "You are the most special, important person to me. I can't imagine life without you. So," He got on one knee and opened the box; where the dimond ring, shaped like a rose (The Potters recommended that) sat, white in colour. "Will you marry me, Jamie?"
Silence spread across the hall. "Yes!" She said, looking at the ring, and him, in awe.
He placed the ring on her delicate finger.
"This is.. Thank you!" She whispered. Looking at the gleaming ring on her finger.