White

"Hey" Skye walks into my room. "Oh you're recording," she says in a hushed voice.

"Um yea, guess I kinda am, but what is it?" I say ignoring the camera; I'll just edit this part out obviously.

"Oh, I just wanted to ask you if you could give me a ride to the mall, I need to buys some shoes and stuff for the trip."

"Yea. Give me like 10 minutes so I can wrap up the video"

"Okay" She clears the room and I continue filming the outro for tomorrow's video.

I shut it off and scoot my tripod against the wall. "Hey you ready?" I yell out as I grab my shoes and keys.

"Yea!"

+

+

+

+

We arrive at the mall and I follow her into Journeys.

"You don't have to be here if you don't want to" she says as she struggles to get the white converse off the high shelf.

"But I want to be here" I grab the shoe and hand it to her. "Also I need to make sure my girlfriend is going to look good in London you know," she laughs. "What?" I say looking at he wall of shoes.

"Nothing" She hands me the shoe so I can put it back.

"You don't like it?" I look at the shoe and back at her.

"They're white, they're going to get dirty the second I put them on"

"I like them, I actually like the way the look when they're all dirty and worn out" I look at the side of the shoe, tracing the red line by the sole of the shoe. "Hi, can I get these in a 7" I ask the sales clerk.

"You're getting them?" she raises an eyebrow, surprised at my choice.

"Yea why not" I shrug it off and notice her stare at the display shoe in my hand. "Why don't you get a pair too. "

"Really? You and me matching?" she takes the shoe from my hand, and I can tell she clearly likes them.

"Here you go" the sales clerk opens the box and gives it to me. "Thanks, um sorry can I get another pair? Same size and all"

"Yea, no problem. Ill be back." she turns around and heads to the back.

"So I guess you're serious then" she watches as I try the shoe on.

"If you like them, get them, don't let me stop you from getting them, and they're cute don't you think?"

"Here you go, Skye" the store clerk hands her the box. "Thanks?"

"Ooh she knows you're name" I nudge her as the clerk walks away.

"Um I... I don't know hers though"

"Hmm maybe one of your many one night stands" I say a bit coldly.

"No..." she sits down by me and tries on the shoe. "I'm serious I don't know her Dani."

We head to the register and I notice the clerk behind the register eyeing Skye, but Skye is too busy looking at a pair of socks. "Hey" I walk up behind Skye. "Give me your shoes, I'm buying"

"No its fine." She says pulling the box closer to her chest.

"Skye I got it" I take the box and wink at her before heading to the register.

"Will these be it for you today?" The clerk asks as she's scanning the shoes.

"Yea" I take my wallet out of my bag pack.