~Halloween special!~

Hello lovely readers!! Happy Halloween! Thought I'd treat you with a special chapter focusing on Halloween! Sorry for the late chapter, but life has been super busy lately! I will have a longer explanation at the bottom!

**PLEASE NOTE THAT THIS HAS NOTHING TO DO WITH WHAT IS CURRENTLY HAPPENING IN THE STORY!! THIS PART IS COMPLETELY SEPARATE FROM WHAT IS GOING ON IN THE STORY.**

Enjoy!!

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Lilah

When October rolls around, I immediately get excited. Knowing that there's only thirty days until my favorite holiday excites me. Halloween is my favorite mainly because in the past I never felt like I was missing out on something. Since I grew up without a real family, Christmas was always tough. Halloween, though, it was the one Holiday that had my heart.

I love all of it. The pumpkins, the ghosts, the mystery. I also love it because that is also when pumpkin spice season begins.

When I wake up, the first thing I do is find Ryker. He is, of course, working in his office. I don't bother with knocking, I'm too excited for that. He looks up at me and raises his eyebrows.

"Where are your Halloween decorations? We need to start decorating now! This is such a huge place to decorate! And the yard-oh my gosh!" I say before he can get a word out. Adrenaline fills my soul as I begin to think of how many Halloween decorations he must have.

"Sorry, little love, but we don't usually celebrate Halloween." Ryker says. My eyes widen.

"You don't? Why not?! It's the best holiday ever!" I exclaim. Ryder chuckles as he stands up, closing his laptop and walking over to me. He wraps me in a hug as his comforting scent embraces me.

"I don't have a reason for why we don't celebrate Halloween other than we just don't care too much about the holiday. If you would like, little love, I am sure Silas would love to take you shopping to buy some decorations." Ryker suggests. I pull away and bounce, over the moon with joy. Ryker smiles, a genuine smile and grabs my hand to stop my bouncing.

A knock comes at the door and Ryker rolls his eyes.  "I can't believe that idiot just knocked on my door," Ryker says exasperated. My eyebrow raises.

"Who are you expecting?" I ask, curious to know as to whom Ryker isn't yelling at.

"Wouldn't you like to know?" Ryker retorts as he boops my nose. Despite trusting Ryker, my anxiety rises. He's not trying to get rid of me is he? Ryker notices my worried expression and grabs my waist, placing me on his desk. I bite my lip. Ryker gently tugs my lip from my teeth and braces his arms on either side of me. His smoldering blue eyes meet mine.

He leans in and gently kisses me. Though it's a gentle kiss, he takes his time. When my tongue nudges at his, he pulls away and brushes away some of the hair that has fallen. 

"You are the only person for me, little love. Don't worry either, everything is okay." He says. Then he quirks an eyebrow. 

"Would you rather me yell at the idiot knocking on the door?" Ryker questions and my cheeks turn red as I become embarrassed. It's just that he normally becomes annoyed when we are interrupted, so I am a bit curious to see who is on the other side of the door. Ryker moves to the door and opens it to reveal Ace. 

"I knew you could hear me you rat bastard, why didn't you open the door the first time-oh," Ace rambles as he walks in and spots me. "Well, sorry to intrude, but the mafia king and I have some urgent business." Ace says. I smile.